• ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    View attachment 270726
    This could hold all kinds of free stuff.
    The bag comments above reminded me of something I witnessed. I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

A few years ago I was at a Walgreens. A lady that just bought two cloth shopping bags paid and had the cashier place them in a plastic bag. A couple weeks later at a different Walgreens, someone else did the same thing. Kind of defeats the purpose of the reusable cloth bag. I was dumbfounded.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The bag comments above reminded me of something I witnessed. I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

A few years ago I was at a Walgreens. A lady that just bought two cloth shopping bags paid and had the cashier place them in a plastic bag. A couple weeks later at a different Walgreens, someone else did the same thing. Kind of defeats the purpose of the reusable cloth bag. I was dumbfounded.
    Yep it's probably a memory thing, then instead of going with plastic they bought more.
    Doesn't make sense, but........

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    With INGO represented so well at NRAAM who won a new firearm? I hoped that all the drawings are legit and not just a trick to get my contact information.
    I didn’t win a gun but I was drawn for buy one/get one pheasant hunt in SD. I talked to the lodge yesterday and my nephew and I are going in the fall of 2024. 3 days/4 nights includes lodging, meals and beverages. Going to cost us about $1500 each.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I didn’t win a gun but I was drawn for buy one/get one pheasant hunt in SD. I talked to the lodge yesterday and my nephew and I are going in the fall of 2024. 3 days/4 nights includes lodging, meals and beverages. Going to cost us about $1500 each.
    Wow that is awesome

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

A few days ago, in the grocery store, I saw a lady wearing a shirt with "WEAR A MASK!!!" printed on it. She was not wearing a mask herself.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I saw on the news that there were 80,000 people in attendance. Is this up or down from the last NRA Convention in Indy?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I saw on the news that there were 80,000 people in attendance. Is this up or down from the last NRA Convention in Indy?
    I wonder how they estimate that number? As far as I could tell, they weren't scanning anything or clicking any counters. Now I get they can put together estimates from hotel bookings, etc, but still a fairly WAG I'd think.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You had to either register or pre-register for the badges. I would think they could get a number from that.
    True, but I registered for 4 of them myself ;-) as a just in case I had someone else want to attend.

But makes sense. You had to register, so that's at least a pretty good estimate. Amazingly, I kind of forgot about that even though I attended.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Crowd size can be estimated by counting the amount of people in a block.
    Sample size a few different blocks.
    Create a number from those estimates.

Modern crowd-size estimation techniques are typically based on the Jacobs Method, invented by Herbert Jacobs in the 1960s. Jacobs, who was a journalism professor at the University of California, Berkeley, was watching Vietnam War protesters outside his office window, and noticed they were standing on a paved pattern of repeating squares. He counted the students in a few squares, and calculated the average number of students per square, or crowd density. Then he simply multiplied the number of squares by the density to estimate the size of the crowd.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Is 77k a good attendance for that event? I have been to 4 of them and it seemed a little down from the others. Easier to get around though which was nice.
    I think the pre-covid one was north of 80k

All conventions took a HUGE attendance hit during covid. So it's nice to see them starting to get back to the original sizes again.

Top Bottom