• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did a small pork tenderloin on my new Traeger today. I didn’t do any rub or other seasoning since the tenderloin was already seasoned. It smoked up great, but would have been better if it was one of the regular unseasoned tenderloins we normally buy. Oh well, I’m happy with it since it was my first time using the pellet grill.
    12CFC166-864B-4935-9716-FF7623A93FFB.jpeg

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Brisket cooked today for UFC 294 Saturday morning brunch outside with the firepit and old school 55" plasma TV. Scrambled farm eggs made with real butter and heavy cream. Yum, I'm hungry already.

PXL_20231019_204358627.jpg
    PXL_20231020_155954678.jpg
    Also made some pork chop jerky the other day and dehydrated it on the top rack of the pellet smoker

PXL_20231005_173530658.jpg

Last edited:

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    No pics but did pot roast In the Ninja foodi today. Been nothing but rain and cold all day.
    I'm a big fan of the pressure cooking function. I take many of the fattier cuts of beef and pork and "pre-smoke" them on the pellet grill.

After the cuts are slightly thawed out enough to take on some good rub, I smoke them 2 or 3 hours on low smoke 160F. Then I vacuum seal them and refreeze. Works particularly well on cuts of meat that are nearing that one year mark in the freezer and you want to save them from freezer burn.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Don't have the time to smoke anything so I have some ribs in the oven. Watched a couple videos on it and they looked good so hopefully they turn out.
    Thats what I really like with a pellet grill, check it once an hour and go back into the shop and load. Just turned it at two hours.
    Another hour and a few more degrees and in the foil for an hour. Damn it smells good.
    20231022_141543.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thats what I really like with a pellet grill, check it once an hour and go back into the shop and load. Just turned it at two hours.
    Another hour and a few more degrees and in the foil for an hour. Damn it smells good.
    View attachment 307247
    Yea I need to get one just for the convenience. My cabinet smoker is a pita and needs constant babysitting.

Oven ribs turned out really good. Baby backs at 350 for 2 hours then did probably 10 minutes at 450 to set the sauce. No wrap or spritz and it was still really juicy.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yea I need to get one just for the convenience. My cabinet smoker is a pita and needs constant babysitting.

Oven ribs turned out really good. Baby backs at 350 for 2 hours then did probably 10 minutes at 450 to set the sauce. No wrap or spritz and it was still really juicy.
    Sounds awesome,
    I used to steam then in the oven and then brown them up at the end under the broiler.
    They were always super tender.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Decided to get this turkey out of the freezer before it was too late. Brined it overnight, spatchcocked it and smoked/grilled over indirect heat between 275*-325* until it was done. Cooked it with the ribcage down and the dark meat got done when the breast was still around 135* so I tented the dark meat with foil, flipped it and thankfully it finished up without drying out.
    qfkfbHHh.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom