• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Experimenting today….. marinated thighs and breasts in mustard honey and salt water….. dusted in stracks honey mustard rub then smoked them this morning, then rested for an hour tossed them in honey mustard sauce now into the fridge where they will hang out until dinner time when I will warm / grill them.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Experimenting today….. marinated thighs and breasts in mustard honey and salt water….. dusted in stracks honey mustard rub then smoked them this morning, then rested for an hour tossed them in honey mustard sauce now into the fridge where they will hang out until dinner time when I will warm / grill them.
    They sound good

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spent the weekend pheasant hunting in western Kansas with my boy kid and couple of his buddies. They all live in KC, so I flew in on Friday morning and we made the 7 hour drive west. My kid thought that since I couldn't easily take any birds home, he'd bring his Weber to cook on. So Saturday night we grilled bacon wrapped pheasant jalapeno poppers, quail, and deer brats in the Holiday Inn parking lot. :D

VxnRkSIl.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    3lbs of bacon in preparation for a visit from the tiny terrorists, AKA, the bacon monsters...

qi0Hkksl.jpg

They are here until Saturday. I hope I have enough bacon, and bourbon. :rolleyes:

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Smoked ribs tonight, if you watch my video let me know where you think I went wrong. Thanks in advance

I am not positive but with that thin pizza pan as a deflector you were basically cooking over direct heat. What was total cook time and what temp were you averaging?

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I wrap mine all the time now, but I have never flipped them even when I didn't wrap, just spritz with apple juice to keep moist. I would also confirm you are running at 240, even at that 3hours seems quick to me but i smoke around 225 on a pellet grill indirect so that's worth what you paid for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom