• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know who Jeff Knox is... he's an asshat. He shows up at the annual meeting (the board meeting, held on Sundays at the Annual Meeting of Members) and is a bomb-thrower. His daddy Neal Knox got fired as NRA-ILA Director WAY back in the day for not doing the job. He would then show up at the annual meeting and be a bomb-thrower. Jeff Knox is a second-generation bomb-throwing asshat.

First time we attended the board meeting at the annual meeting of members was Houston in 2022. (At some point I realized we were sitting behind Jack Wilson, but that's for another thread.) When we came out after the meeting I grabbed my phone and sent a text to my NRA-ILA POC. It read, "Who in the actual **** is Jeff Knox?"
    I don't know Jeff Knox personally and maybe if I did I wouldn't want him as a personal friend. I do think at this juncture the NRA needs people who will stir the pot and aren't afraid to go up against the old guard. The vast majority of members would shrink at the task and feel powerless against the NRA machine. We need strong personalities, not shrinking violets. Love him or hate him, Neal Knox turned the NRA's direction to a powerful a no compromise, pro-Second Amendment powerhouse.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I don't know Jeff Knox personally and maybe if I did I wouldn't want him as a personal friend. I do think at this juncture the NRA needs people who will stir the pot and aren't afraid to go up against the old guard. The vast majority of members would shrink at the task and feel powerless against the NRA machine. We need strong personalities, not shrinking violets. Love him or hate him, Neal Knox turned the NRA's direction to a powerful a no compromise, pro-Second Amendment powerhouse.
    People have tried and failed. The pro-Wayne regime was robust. Folks who wanted change were pushed aside. Tim Knight pushed for a bunch of changes and got isolated out. Pete Brownell wanted to reform and got tossed aside. When people like Adam Kraut ran to stir the pot, it was met with resistance. It's more than Wayne who needs to be flushed. Tom King was a holier-than-thou from NY who helped wall off the outsiders. Love to see him go.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Something I was thinking, the proposed bylaw change....it doesn't actually list the language they intend to insert into the bylaws so technically, we don't actually know what we are voting for. It just says yadda yadda yadda about a Chief Compliance Officer and how it will report to the board.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Something I was thinking, the proposed bylaw change....it doesn't actually list the language they intend to insert into the bylaws so technically, we don't actually know what we are voting for. It just says yadda yadda yadda about a Chief Compliance Officer and how it will report to the board.
    I agree, weird that the language wasn’t in the mailer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know who Jeff Knox is... he's an asshat. He shows up at the annual meeting (the board meeting, held on Sundays at the Annual Meeting of Members) and is a bomb-thrower. His daddy Neal Knox got fired as NRA-ILA Director WAY back in the day for not doing the job. He would then show up at the annual meeting and be a bomb-thrower. Jeff Knox is a second-generation bomb-throwing asshat.

First time we attended the board meeting at the annual meeting of members was Houston in 2022. (At some point I realized we were sitting behind Jack Wilson, but that's for another thread.) When we came out after the meeting I grabbed my phone and sent a text to my NRA-ILA POC. It read, "Who in the actual **** is Jeff Knox?"
    I knew Neal, and he was certainly, a bomb thrower. He was also a knowledgeable gun guy that as far as I was concerned was a strait shooter that told the truth as he saw it when he spoke or in articles that he wrote. I was disappointed when he was terminated, It was the beginning of the end, with big problems within the NRA.
    I also believe he would have been a much better President, than Mr Heston.
    The NRA didn't need a showman, it needed and still needs a man with big stones...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    True words...

Top Bottom