• ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Kaufman
    thanks for starting the 2024 thread. Nothing special here so no pics.
    Boneless chicken thigh wrapped around serano pepers for supper in the oven. Bought some beef ribs at Kroger today so maybe some pics for them

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Had some left over Costco rotisserie chicken to use so I thawed out some puff pastry and make a few pot pies. Turned out pretty good if I saw so myself but would have been better with crust on the bottom, next time. Got some apple dumplings in the oven now I made with the remaining pastry dough.
    kptTTbFh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Looks like the Costco rotisserie chicken is a trending thing right now. We are planning to have Costco rotisserie chicken and noodles later this afternoon.
    We've bought their already pulled rotisserie for years to use in stuff like the pot pies or casseroles. My only complaint is that it's white meat only and I'd prefer a mix but its definitely convenient and tasty.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We've bought their already pulled rotisserie for years to use in stuff like the pot pies or casseroles. My only complaint is that it's white meat only and I'd prefer a mix but its definitely convenient and tasty.
    I wonder what they do with the dark meat?

SWMBO'd just buys a chicken and we debone it for pot pies and such. Good value, and tasty.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Cold ass weather requires soup and chili.

Big batch of potato soup (with leftover Christmas ham) and a small batch of chili since it's mainly me that eats it. Gives a couple dinners and a few lunches for me at work this week. Will be served with homemade rolls fir the soup and cornbread for the chili

20240114_163646.jpg
    20240114_163655.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't like chicken but the wife does. So if I have to cook it, I try to find recipes with a lot of 'stuff' in them so the chicken tastes like something other than chicken.

This could be the best chicken dish I've ever cooked. Next time I make it I'll brown the gnocchi in a skillet a little first. Just to get the outside a little crispy. And I'll probably add some sliced portabella mushrooms...

Skillet Creamy Chicken and Parmesan Gnocchi

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man, now I really need some tater soup. And a trick I use to help thicken it is adding an extra couple taters more than I want in the soup. Then after cooking I remove those extras and use a stick blender to puree them, then add them back in. It gives the soup a little more body than just the flour provides.

And part of me wants to fire up my electric smoker just to see how badly it struggles. It already has trouble keeping temps up below 50. I cant imagine how badly it would struggle at -2. lol

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Man, now I really need some tater soup. And a trick I use to help thicken it is adding an extra couple taters more than I want in the soup. Then after cooking I remove those extras and use a stick blender to puree them, then add them back in. It gives the soup a little more body than just the flour provides.

And part of me wants to fire up my electric smoker just to see how badly it struggles. It already has trouble keeping temps up below 50. I cant imagine how badly it would struggle at -2. lol
    You don't make a rue to thicken?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You don't make a rue to thicken?
    I don't committee an Intentional premeditated homicide in a mortuary to thicken my potato soup, nor do I use a roux.

My basic recipe is salute onions, add diced potatoes, cover with chicken broth, cook to tender, then add sour cream and thicken with a corn starch slurry.

Top Bottom