• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yes, lots of FTF in 10/22's, Ruger MkIII's and Marlin model 60's. The problems seemed to be associated with hot guns, hot weather and the waxy bullet lube used by Remington. Appleseeds and steel matches were disrupted by trying to get Thunderbolts to work in our guns. :dunno:
    [

Your theory looks sound.
    You almost certainly wouldn't do well with any lead bullet with wax lube out of most semi-autos, so that means Winchester Wildcat, CCI Standard Velocity, and probably just about all target ammo, since all of that I've ever seen was lead rather than plated bullets.
    Hey, that's just another reason that I'm glad I didn't join the crowd and get a 10/22.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your theory looks sound.
    You almost certainly wouldn't do well with any lead bullet with wax lube out of most semi-autos, so that means Winchester Wildcat, CCI Standard Velocity, and probably just about all target ammo, since all of that I've ever seen was lead rather than plated bullets.
    Hey, that's just another reason that I'm glad I didn't join the crowd and get a 10/22.

Wildcats worked fine, the Thunderbolts seemed to have excessive sticky lube. I do prefer a copper washed bullet as a rule after the FTF ordeal. I had ten bricks of the problem T-bolts. :rolleyes:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Wildcats worked fine, the Thunderbolts seemed to have excessive sticky lube. I do prefer a copper washed bullet as a rule after the FTF ordeal. I had ten bricks of the problem T-bolts. :rolleyes:

Didn't know that about the Wildcats having no problem.
    Still loving my 39A, though. ;)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Your theory looks sound.

I have several 10/22s as well as 2 Model 60s and I've not had any ammo related problems with any of them. I normally shoot Federal bulk or Remington goldens. For me the 60s are more accurate out of the gate, but the 10/22s shoot well too. The main thing I like best about the 10/22s is the ability to customize it a million different ways. They're good guns.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    And the award for biggest class envy non-sequitur goes to...

1) It's hardly a non-sequitur to point out the inherent hypocrisy in liking the free market for some things but not for others.
    2) If speaking up rather than standing idly by as rampant greed destroys our society is class envy, then I'm proudly guilty as charged.

One of these days you'll wake up.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    1) It's hardly a non-sequitur to point out the inherent hypocrisy in liking the free market for some things but not for others.
    2) If speaking up rather than standing idly by as rampant greed destroys our society is class envy, then I'm proudly guilty as charged.

One of these days you'll wake up.

Add the Irrelevant Poster trophy to your shelf.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

By voting with my dollars I have since quit going to gun shows for the time being. Since I can't get to the stores as soon as they stock the shelves I just wait patiently until some shows up. It's possible that Flea-Marketers can get to the stores because they get paid monthly by the folks that make paychecks. Even the the store have caught on to that and raised their prices. That really burns me up but it's how it works and I wouldn't have any other way.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    By voting with my dollars I have since quit going to gun shows for the time being. Since I can't get to the stores as soon as they stock the shelves I just wait patiently until some shows up. It's possible that Flea-Marketers can get to the stores because they get paid monthly by the folks that make paychecks. Even the the store have caught on to that and raised their prices. That really burns me up but it's how it works and I wouldn't have any other way.

Hey now! My wife and I had a flea market business for 20 years and neither of us have ever been on welfare or unemployment. And yes we own our own home, free & clear BTW, 2 vehicles, both fairly new with no payments, and we have been retired now for 16 years.

Some people actually can be successful!

Blanket statements such as yours give others a bad name.

Course I never sold ammo of any kind either.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Kinda thought 'possible' would make the exception. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    As far as I'm concerned the ammo people have shafted themselves they have opened up a new business, Pellet guns .

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Hey, if anyone knows of any place that actually has Winchester Wildcat, I'd definitely go on a Blues Brothers style "Mission From God" trip to get a brick or two.
    My 39A does its best with those.
    Indiana Army Surplus has one in stock. I'll check the price for you tomorrow when I stop by.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Saturday I saw quite a few Remington Golden Bullet packs (250+ rounds?) at the GM up in Castleton. Wasn't paying close attention as those were not the cartridges I was looking for...

Also had a bunch of CCI Mini-Mag for 5.99/50 (I think they were 50 round boxes)

Should have paid more attention, but it was after an anniversary dinner, had to rush back to town for work, and was looking for .223 Match ammo and .300 BLK

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Cabelas in Louisville has had plenty of 22LR for the last few weeks - primarily CCI SV, Mini-Mag, Rem Golden Bullets, Rem Thunderbolts, and Fed Automatch. I think the limit now is 1200 rounds per purchase.

Top Bottom