• DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    What a deal! Check here.
    ~http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=A01500

I know this is a .22LR thread, but they also have a steal on this!

Champion's Choice

for only $40

Ammo prices at Dunhams here in town seem to be really hit and miss, decent prices on some stuff, WAY high on others. Picked up Hornady and Winchester .223 Match there for $22-ish a box, which isn't bad when you figure shipping to order it, hell, even Wal-Mart here in town is now carrying the 69gr. Winchester Match for $35/box, I usually get it for $25 or so.

Man I need to get my reloading setup going...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Grey Wolf in Avon has Eley subsonic for $10 a 50 count box. Had a lot on the shelf and no limit. Didn't look at regular 22.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Meh... as much as I like plinking with my 22's, this stupid "shortage" is annoying as hell. Until I can walk into a Walmart and pick up a couple of Federal 550 round boxes from the 15 or 20 sitting on the shelf, I will not shoot them much. I like have a suppressor, it is all kinds of fun, but trying to find std velocity or sub sonic is even harder at a decent price.

I cast my own bullets, have probably three or four thousand .38 spl cases, a half keg of Bullseye and 4 lbs of 231 and plenty of primers. I can easily reload plinking .38 spl cheaper than I can purchase 22's for at today's prices. Got a Dillon progressive, so a few hours in the shop will keep my carbine and pistols barking for a while. I just wish there was a neat little semi-auto carbine in .38/.357 that is as fun as a 10/22. If I can get going on powder coating my cast bullets, 9mm will be a good semi auto plinking alternative. Cast will lead in 9mm unless everything is perfectly right, the case can size the bullet down and a little too small will lead my carbines horribly. With powder coating, I should be able to load a bunch of 9mm just as cheap as buying 22's.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh... as much as I like plinking with my 22's, this stupid "shortage" is annoying as hell. Until I can walk into a Walmart and pick up a couple of Federal 550 round boxes from the 15 or 20 sitting on the shelf, I will not shoot them much. I like have a suppressor, it is all kinds of fun, but trying to find std velocity or sub sonic is even harder at a decent price.

I cast my own bullets, have probably three or four thousand .38 spl cases, a half keg of Bullseye and 4 lbs of 231 and plenty of primers. I can easily reload plinking .38 spl cheaper than I can purchase 22's for at today's prices. Got a Dillon progressive, so a few hours in the shop will keep my carbine and pistols barking for a while. I just wish there was a neat little semi-auto carbine in .38/.357 that is as fun as a 10/22. If I can get going on powder coating my cast bullets, 9mm will be a good semi auto plinking alternative. Cast will lead in 9mm unless everything is perfectly right, the case can size the bullet down and a little too small will lead my carbines horribly. With powder coating, I should be able to load a bunch of 9mm just as cheap as buying 22's.

Yep, ditto.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    no 22 ammo at walmart in the armpit of Florida..go to lgs and get gouged (but thats no different for the most part anywhere)...here it is much worse at lgs ---expect to be asked to pay 599 for a new gen 4 glock 17 or 19 for example....mossberg 500 basic model 400...i looked at a marlin at a lgs down here for $500 and then went to walmart and saw the same item for 400,....22lr is 10 bucks for 50...the same boxes you bought as a kid for 50 cents...its just stupid...why did i buy a 10/22 today...somebody remind me...(edit: oh, i almost forgot....i bought a stoeger air rifle so i could shoot in my back yard in the so called free state of florida (see my other posts on this crock) because you have to have 10 acres to shoot where i live...lgs was selling pellets for ten bucks for 500...this was my first look at pricing so i passed {wisely in retrospect}...went to walmart and they were like 2.50 or so)

jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    Bought 3 boxes the limit (555 each box) of Remington 22lr for 27 dollars a box and some change 5 plus cents a round at WalMart Sunday. Maybe they are coming back. First time in a year I saw 22lr at Walmart.

Mongo556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    I never see any in Southern Indiana and when I do it costs an arm and a leg. I travel a bit for work and never see it on the east coast either.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Grey Wolf in Avon has Eley subsonic for $10 a 50 count box. Had a lot on the shelf and no limit. Didn't look at regular 22.

It's funny they have them hear in Muncie at Rural King, that's the last place I would have thought to look for match grade ammo. Even more funny, 10.00/box or so has always been the going rate for Eley 22's from what I remember.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just left Dunhams in Columbus, at the moment they've got 10+ boxes of Federal Automatch 325/$21.99 and Federal Champion 50/$2.99, seems like a really reasonable price on the Automatch...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I stopped by Cabala's in Louisville this morning and they were stocking the shelves with 40gr CCI Mini mags. Kinda salty though at $8.99/100 rd sleeve. But they had plenty of it. 1200 rnd limit.

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Picked up a 100 rd at Wallmart tonight.

I thought I read here that WM no longer sells .22? :dunno:
    Might just be regionally, but my local store has no spot for it.

I was spending time with my brother today and decided to hit a Dunhams that had Winchester .22 for $4.19 a box. You could tell the pile was originally much bigger.

Top Bottom