• jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Whatever works well in your firearm.

If you are chasing accuracy, then lots of data gathering and analysis. When you find "the one" which is consistently accurate in your firearm, purchase as much of that lot as you can afford.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Isn't that Lapua Center X the best? 34 cents a round...? :n00b:

If you are shooting at bigger things close, then the consistency of match ammo matters less.

Reliability and performance on critters under various conditions comes into play when that is the mission. IE, a lotta 22lr AR's need a potent velocity rating to function the gun's action reliably. And Stingers are great on small game, if you can hit them.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    If I had to just buy one brand /type for rest of my life it’s cci SV. I’m not much of a rifle shooter but thst is where it seems guns are more picky and differences in ammo can be seen when trying to shoot tiny groups. I’m also a fan of the Aguila ammo

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    I saw a video of an in depth comparison of a bunch of .22 Ammo and Blazer had the best performance. I can't remember if the video came from this site or somewhere else. I haven't tried any blazer since then to see what I think but from what I can tell it very much depends on your gun. My savage 64 likes cci mini mag and Winchester m-22, rossi rs-22 seems to do pretty well with everything except Remington but is most accurate with cci stingers, I don't know if my marlin 60 has ever had anything it doesn't like but best accuracy has been cci standard velocity. You could probably take the rossi and savage and get the next serial number up and down and each one will like a different ammo though. I've only had feed problems with the semi autos, I'll feed the bolt guns whatever I have and be happy with it. I would say for sure stay away from Remington for semi autos.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I mean we have to take into consideration price…… a BUCKET of Remington is only like $90 otd. So unless I am defending myself from a rabid squirrel a malfunction here and there is to be expected and for me it’s accepted.

that being said my kids will be in a youth match so I will be in the lookout for some match grade ammo that the 10/22 likes. Seems to me my first test and look would be with cci subsonic rounds.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    I mean we have to take into consideration price…… a BUCKET of Remington is only like $90 otd. So unless I am defending myself from a rabid squirrel a malfunction here and there is to be expected and for me it’s accepted.

that being said my kids will be in a youth match so I will be in the lookout for some match grade ammo that the 10/22 likes. Seems to me my first test and look would be with cci subsonic rounds.
    Winchester and blazer bulk are similarly priced to Remington bulk and seem to have much less fail to fires. Never had a 10/22 but with that rotary mag I would imagine loading issues aren't as common as other rifles.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I would start with CCI SV.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

CCI SV is subsonic and a good place to start. It shoots acceptably in all of my rimfires. My other general go to is Norma Tac. I've found it runs about the same in everything as the CCI and it used to be a little cheaper. These are lower limit of what I'll spend my money on as far as 22LR goes and hae been satisfied with both. If I were shooting matches I'd start looking at Eley or other medium/high end rimfire rounds depending on the type of competition it is.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    What is the intended purpose?

Do you want to punch really small holes in paper 50 yds away?
    Slay squirrels with a head shot?
    Put holes in soda cans?

You can spend $0.08 to $0.40 per round. I use SK rifle match to compete ($0.20/rnd) but my Ruger standard autoloader works just fine with Fed automatch.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    What ammo does your rifle or pistol.
    I wouldn't put anything cheaper then cci sv in my Anschutz, but perfer Eley , however my Remington 541 sees no accuracy difference between cci sv & Eley.
    As a general rule sv ammo is more accurate then high velocity/ bulk ammo, but test different ammo.

Aaron

Top Bottom