• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    S&W Victory 22. I have had much better luck with it than the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical that I have and the trigger is better out of the box. Both have plenty of aftermarket support. I'm glad I have both, but prefer the S&W. I have two of them, one stock except the grips and this one with a VQ barrel and red dot:

vktR8B5h.jpg

Here's the Mark IV:

B9s9oWZh.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If by platform you mean something you can modify to suit yourself Ruger MK III or IV will serve you well and the MK IV is even easier to clean than a Glock. For just shooting without mods (never thought I would say this) the Taurus TX22 is unbeatable IMHO. I now have two, one for teaching and one I just shoot for my own training and fun. Great trigger out of the box, two 16 round mags and great ergonomics. I have used SR22s and M&P 22 compact for training, both very good pistols but this Taurus is by far my favorite. I probably have 800 rounds through one of them and maybe 300 through the other and I continue to be impressed with them.

IXB4xfX.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Ruger MKII Target 10” barrel

Have one of those too - really accurate shooter but since my eyesight has gone downhill I don't shoot it much anymore as I use red dots on shorter barrel pistols.

Of the other 22 target pistols I have - MKIIs , original 22/45s and Smith 41 - my 5.5" MKII and 4" 22/45 get fired the most.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Best .22 pistol is clearly personal preference but a few stand out as iconic and vitality unchanged for decades. Smith Wesson 41, Browning buckmark. While iconic and great shooters the Ruger MK 1-3 series are a nightmare to disassemble and clean. I think the mk4 is much improved but being the owner of a MK2 I’m completely soured on the whole MK series.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Smith 41
    Ruger MK3 22/45
    And an absolutely great Marvel conversion on a custom built lower, that the OP doesn't want to hear about.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    ive had quite a few 22LR pistols over the years.
    most recent was a MK IV 22/45 tactical for steel shooting, and probably my favorite.

TK gamechanger, cornerstone, truglo dot and a modified pair of houge palm swell grips.

:cheers:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ruger Mk IV, easy to clean and ton of aftermarket support

Browning Buckmark , great factory trigger and super reliable, HATE cleaning it

The old oddballs;

Colt Woodsman , my father has a Match Target and its just a pleasure to shoot

OLD Smith and Wesson Model 41, the new production ones are not worth the hasle, never was reliable even after 2,000 rounds and just not worth it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ruger Mk IV, easy to clean and ton of aftermarket support

Browning Buckmark , great factory trigger and super reliable, HATE cleaning it

The old oddballs;

Colt Woodsman , my father has a Match Target and its just a pleasure to shoot

OLD Smith and Wesson Model 41, the new production ones are not worth the hasle, never was reliable even after 2,000 rounds and just not worth it.

Even the old 41s aren’t guaranteed to be hassle free. More than few threads over on the S&W forum about 41s having issues.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The taurus tx22 is the only one that gets any play time at the range. If I had to have a pistol for squirrels and bullseye matches it'd be a Ruger. Only one, I'm taking the taurus.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The taurus tx22 is the only one that gets any play time at the range. If I had to have a pistol for squirrels and bullseye matches it'd be a Ruger. Only one, I'm taking the taurus.

I'm thinking about one of these. Current online prices and the rebate are making these very affordable.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Hi Standard anytime, every time.

It is getting to where you need a good bit of coin to get them now but I don't expect them to be dropping in value.

I am always on the look out for more...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have a Ruger Mk II that over a period of fourteen years, consumed thousands of rounds of ammo, supporting the Howard County 4-H Shooting Sports program. Always reliable and accurate. Any of the Ruger MK handguns are good choices.

Also have my Dad's S&W 22A that my wife loves to shoot. It is also a solid performer and very reliable.

Top Bottom