• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last night I ordered another 500 CCI 0056 (40 gr Subsonic HP) and for this game, 20 boxes of CCI 0035 (40 gr Std Vel RN).

I did not realize until I checked last night how available .22LR ammo is again. That's a relief!

If I'm not going to use the subsonic for shooting the matches, I think I'll forego using the suppressor so I won't have to clean it as soon!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Made it to the range to meet bwframe today. Thank you to bwframe for coaching me, helping me identify a critical equipment configuration error, and loaning some gear and ammo to me! You rock!

So . . . the CCI 0056 shoots pretty well in my rifle. I zeroed at 50m with it and the CCI 0035 had the same point of impact at 50m. I then determined my holdovers on my reticle at 110 and 165 m with the CCI 0035 as well as at 200 m, even though I know I won't get to shoot at 200 at first. Curiously the holdover for the CCI 0056 (40 subsonic HP) is less than for the CCI 0035 at 165 and 200 m. Barring wind issues, I can hit the chubby part or the neck of the steel bowling pin with either load at 200m.

For me, the challenge will be to 1) not get hurt, 2) make it to the bathroom in time when necessary, 3) deal with wind, and 4) apply my holdovers consistently. I recognize that using the elevation turret to dial elevation changes is a better choice for shooting 20 shots at the same distance, but for my first time out I want to use the reticle and holdovers. On my next trip to the range when I have time, I'll reconfirm my zero, lock the zeros on the turrets, and then determine my adjustments for 110, 165, and 200 m.

So far the 9X is okay for seeing my hits as they happen even at 200 m, but I see why you guys are recommending more magnification. I couldn't pass on the deal on this Vortex though, and I think it will suit my overall needs well. A bigger, badder optic may appear eventually, but we'll see.

I expect to hit zero targets on Saturday. Each target I hit will be a huge bonus!

Top Bottom