• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotekid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Hi, I am looking to buy a .22 pistol what would be my best option for a used semi auto .22 pistol for around $250?
    Thanks for any help

yotekid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    ok if i save up another$100 what would you recommend? What do you think of the smith and wesson 22A?
    thanks

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What do you think of the smith and wesson 22A?
    thanks

They're a good bet. Easy to take down, priced affordable for the gun you get, comes with an extra mag, backed up by stellar customer service.
    I've broken things and had parts lost that S&W has replaced and shipped to me for free, just for asking for them...and it wasn't the fault of the gun.
    You really couldn't go wrong with a Ruger or a Smith & Wesson, but someone else will have to chime in about Ruger's customer service. I've shot Rugers, but don't own them...
    Good luck in your search and post pics when you get whatever you settle on. :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In your price range:

Ruger Mk II 22/45 (polymer frame)
    Ruger Mk II (standard steel frame)
    Ruger Mk III on the used market (note that Mk II and Mk III mags are NOT interchangeable...)

Beretta Neos

Smith & Wesson 22a

Walther P-22 (used)

The Walther will return serviceable accuracy, the others "should" return better than serviceable accuracy.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I just bought one of these for about 650.

312328.jpg

Will let you know how it shoots when it arrives.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Bought a S&W 22A last year because it was $199. on sale new. What a pleasant surprise that was, runs and shoots great on Federal value packs. Pretty accurate and a great plinker.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Ruger .22 auto are great little guns. Easy to find, Good company. Lots of different models to choose from. I do not own a Walther .22 but my friends like and recommend them. Save up alot and buy a S&W model 41, High standard supermatic citation, Or a hamerelli-sp. good luck and let us know what you get.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had a Beretta Neos. It was a great gun. They're on sale for $229 at GM now. Sold it to a friend as the grip was small for me. But it performed flawlessly and was EASY to take down.

I bought a Browning Buck Mark URX Contour in the classifieds here.

Love it. LOVE IT. LOVE IT!

You can get a Buck Mark Camper for the same price as the entry level Rugers...

trigger643

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    In your price range my first choice would be a Ruger. Preferably a MkII. I've owned several and enjoyed them. I currently have a MKIII and would trade it in a heartbeat for another MkII.

Top Bottom