• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Just stopped at Gander Mountain to get something else but ended up buying some American Eagle .223 (55 gr. FMJ) for $8.99/20 so I grabbed a dozen boxes to go with my other purchase. Also saw Remington UMC in 45 gr. $139.99 for a box of 200, but passed on that for the American Eagles. Ended up $0.45 per cartridge.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Yep, I stopped by yesterday after dropping my wife off to work and nada...they had three boxes of the Rem UMC, and about two dozen of the American Eagle. There was some boxes of 20 of matchgrade Rem but I wasn't paying $35 for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Thats expensive

It's not as good as the pre-panic prices but, better than what I have seen on most of the prices on the internet.

Yep, same here and agree all around. That's why I grabbed a few boxes. Just recently picked up my Sig M400 flat-top. I was grabbing some to go shoot and align my red dot and insure the rifle's working smoothly, which it is! This was my first AR purchase, had it in layaway til a week ago and want to run it through the paces. So I figured $0.45/round wouldn't bust my wallet.

Insofar as prices being a lil better than on the 'net, maybe it's a sign that prices are finally dropping in the stores...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom