• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have a Sig Mosquito, runs fine with most ammo. A Sig 1911 in 22 as well. Runs well off the good ammo as well. If you can get a 22 variant of a pistol you already have, I'd say go with that.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm a fan of the Smith and Wesson 22A. I had one and traded for another pistol, and I had to get another. Has an integrated weaver rail and readily accepts whatever optic you want to put on it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    S&W 22 compact.. Use them for class guns at Parabellum and have run 10 of them hard for a year. I don't think there's a better value out there. very durable and reliable.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    Ruger's Mark series are awesome. They shoot really nice. Feel good in the hand, not to small like some .22s. I personally feel that Ruger has perfected the 22 design. Some people hate tearing them down. Honestly it is not that bad once you do it a few times. Overall a great firearm. If interested I have a Ruger Mark III Standard for sale. Check Classifieds.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Ruger's Mark series are awesome. They shoot really nice. Feel good in the hand, not to small like some .22s. I personally feel that Ruger has perfected the 22 design. Some people hate tearing them down. Honestly it is not that bad once you do it a few times. Overall a great firearm. If interested I have a Ruger Mark III Standard for sale. Check Classifieds.

The Mark IV did away with all the take-down & reassemble horrors. It's a 1-click button now. I can't wait to check one out in person.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The Mark IV did away with all the take-down & reassemble horrors. It's a 1-click button now. I can't wait to check one out in person.
    I was able to at the gun store. One button, easy peasy. Rest wasn't difficult at all. Prices are a bit higher, but I'd think worth it because of the ease.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, this thread has accomplished one thing that I'm sure of... it changed my next handgun from a Ruger Single Six to a S&W Model 17 Classic. That thing is a beauty.

It's damn near twice as much, you *******s. :laugh:
    Why not both? They are 22 so cheap to feed hahaha

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

They did away with the SAFE in safety too ;) but they're working on it.

As for the grip angle, yes it's different but you don't hold them the same and don't use them the same. Different tools for different purposes. If just can't get used to it, there's the 22/45.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And if you happen to get a MKI, II or III, don't ne afraid of taking it down ans putting it back together. I can show you the fail safe way to do it.

I still struggle with my MkIII. You should make a video and upload to YouTube.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My all time favorite is a Ruger 22/45 Lite for my Suppressor. My favorite unsuppresed... wait for it... Jimenez .22 pistol. Tune it right and it's FUN to shoot!

Top Bottom