• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My Heratige .22 revolver hasn't had any issues. I have 2 buddies with them as well and they haven't had any problems either. Not saying that they are great guns because I know they aren't top quality, but for a $99 revolver, they have been great to us.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    SR22's not a bad gun at all. Definitely for the small handed but I do OK with it. I haven't tried many kinds of ammo so I can't speak to that but it has a pretty crisp trigger for a small, cheapish 22 semi.

Can't say from personal experience but on the Walther forums, the P22's held in pretty low esteem. Even worse than the CCP.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I think you need at least 2-3 for different roles.
    Yep..Or six, or seven, or eight, or ten....:)

That's what I love about this place, I come here for someone to talk some sense into me and find myself surrounded by enablers who are able to make me see the sense in buying several firearms when I probably shouldn't be thinking about buying one :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's what I love about this place, I come here for someone to talk some sense into me and find myself surrounded by enablers who are able to make me see the sense in buying several firearms when I probably shouldn't be thinking about buying one :)

Pushers gonna push man....:)

And they only get better with age....

rimg.php

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We are in 100% agreement on this.

S&W has been making the 'K frame' revolvers since the late 1800's, and they finally made a totally awesome 'K' in .22LR. The 617 is a bit expensive, but worth every penny.... and a gun that, once you own one, will keep. Forever.

Stainless, single/double action, 10-shot, windage adjustable rear sight. What's not to love!? Accurate as can possibly be, as well.

S&W's page on the 617-

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-617-0

ETA- Save up your pennies, and get one..... because the S&W 617 is easily worth 2-1/2 Rugers.

I have an 8" I'll sell you. Or better yet, trade you for 2 1/2 Rugers.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    The Smith Wesson 17 or 617 are more money, but they are worth the wait.

I'm definitely not going to disagree with you, but if you could see what I've bought in the past two years you'd understand when I say that trying to purchase another gun would be taking my life into my own hands... my wife would shoot me! And she wouldn't do it with my ruger or one of the berettas so I could go out with dignity, she'd use my cheap little bersa thunder 380 on me!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I don't quite understand. The Ruger MK series, the Browning Buckmark, and other autoloaders have a horrible grip angle. Why would someone buy a pistol with such an awful grip angle? A revolver I understand, but the autos are just awful.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I don't quite understand. The Ruger MK series, the Browning Buckmark, and other autoloaders have a horrible grip angle. Why would someone buy a pistol with such an awful grip angle? A revolver I understand, but the autos are just awful.

Can't speak to the Brownings or others, but I LOVE the Ruger Marks. I'm sure I wouldn't care for the angle in bigger calibers, but I love the 22's

But remember, it doesn't have to be an auto, I'm equally indecisive about revolvers too (both SA and DA) :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That is all personal preference. Grip angles on most any G**** I have shot suck for me. Just suck but a 1911 angle is perfect. Sane with some revolvers over others.

There is a grip angle for every hand.

Top Bottom