• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joeyidgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Indiana
    The bearcat is smaller. Ruger single six I recomend it. The single six will probably fit your hand better has adjustible sights and an extra 22 mag cylnder

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hello all. I have been a ghost for a long time here. And have finally a question to post.

I am wanting to buy one or two (would like two) 22lr revolvers, JUST for plinking.

First one will be a Ruger single six or bearcat. Is there a difference between the two?

The other will be a snubby type. I like the Smith and Wesson 317, but its more than I want to spend. (keep in mind its JUST for plinking) How is the Charter Amrs Pathfinder?

I dont mind (actually like to) tinker. So if I have to tinker/tweek with any of them, its ok.

Thanks

Regardless of the model I'd recomend stainless steel and adjustable sights.

Beyond that, I love the single sixes and have two exactly alike. I bought them both for me and my dad to use and enjoy together and now I have both and my son uses one. I really like those guns and both have the mag cylinder as well.

They are single action and only 6 shooters though.

I don't see much serious use for any snubbie 22 but I'd definately go for one with a 9 shot cylinder and double action if I was thinking in that direction. H&R and High Standard make them. A few others may as well. I think Smith Wesson have a double action K frame. I'd like to have one of those myself but I'd want the 6 inch barrel on it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had much success with Ruger over the years as well. I don't think you can go wrong with them. I don't have a single six however, but it's on my list. Money was a big consideration for me and I decided on the Heritage Rough Rider as some here have mentioned. It was around $200, shots 22lr and 22mag. It has performed dead on for me. My kids love to shoot it as well as most everyone who's picked it up. I have put a lot of rounds through mine and it hits the target very accurately. It would be nice if it had adjustable sights, but I really haven't missed them. The color has stayed very nice for me as well, but I have cleaned it meticulously.

Here's the stock picture of mine:

heritage_15559.jpg

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    You will never regret buying a Single Six. I bought mine over 20 years ago, it was my first handgun and it is still one of my favorites. Great for plinking, lots of fun to shoot. I have taken mine out squirrel hunting, and have bagged quite a few squirrels with it. Anytime I go out shooting my it goes with me. I will never get rid of my Single Six.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    One feature of the Ruger Single Six ( and Blackhawk ) blue finish guns is an alloy grip frame. So this most handled part of a gun is immune from rust and you needn't keep it oiled .

Top Bottom