• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was able to test 3 more rds today at 50yd. The velocity results are in the Ammunition forum.

It was a nice 70 degrees this morning. Lovely weather for shooting.

Curious: are those 1" squares with the bold green lines that are halved by a "lighter" green line?
    Looks good to me!
    That would make the top one about 1.5" group. :thumbsup:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Curious: are those 1" squares with the bold green lines that are halved by a "lighter" green line?
    Looks good to me!
    That would make the top one about 1.5" group. :thumbsup:

The CCI MINI MAG HP came in at 1.247" 10 shot group iirc. The other 2 was kinda disappointing. 2" and 2.4" groups. My rifle likes Eley force the best. Then Agulia Super Extra 40gr, and then CCI MINI MAGs.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The CCI MINI MAG HP came in at 1.247" 10 shot group iirc. The other 2 was kinda disappointing. 2" and 2.4" groups. My rifle likes Eley force the best. Then Agulia Super Extra 40gr, and then CCI MINI MAGs.

I was surprised earlier this week when I found out that the Aguila Super Extra 40 grain shot better @ 100 yds than CCI SV in my RPR & a Savage 2 borrowed from a friend.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was surprised earlier this week when I found out that the Aguila Super Extra 40 grain shot better @ 100 yds than CCI SV in my RPR & a Savage 2 borrowed from a friend.

Super Extra 40gr is a gem and its usually cheaper than most other brands as well. I kind of stumbled on it filling a order to get enough for free shipping. I really like it. Now I can't find any lol.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle/ Aguila 40 gr SV/ 5 rounds at 50 yds

txfTYwc.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Super Extra 40gr is a gem and its usually cheaper than most other brands as well.
    I kind of stumbled on it filling a order to get enough for free shipping.
    I really like it. Now I can't find any lol.

Same here.
    It was on the lower end when ordering & I had bought a case or two from an individual once & I was surprised that it did so well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Super Extra 40gr is a gem and its usually cheaper than most other brands as well. I kind of stumbled on it filling a order to get enough for free shipping. I really like it. Now I can't find any lol.

It really is! I've sung its praises a few times the last couple of years. I bought...a bunch... earlier this year when it was on sale. One other thing I've noticed especially with the HV, is lot to lot variation is usually very minimal.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Hot off the range, more T1x fun! All 5 shot groups, shot at 75 yards. Not some of my best work, still got some heart and lung issues from the wuflu.
    SK Standard+, 1/2" and 1/2" Typical performance, very consistent groups. Favorite mid level ammo.
    SK Magazine, 13/16" and 9/16" I didn't season the bore between brands, I think this type would have benefited from it.First group, first 2 shots strung low, then last 3 went basically in same hole. Very, very slimy lube, all over the ammo as it is bulk packed. Called flyer on 2nd group, got bit by deer fly. First time I've shot it, unless something changes next outing doubt I'll buy more.
    Eley Action 3/4" and 9/16" Again no season ended up with larger first group. A newer 42 gr offering from Eley, again first use and again dubt I'll buy more unless it shoots better next time.
    Aguila SE HV 11/16" and 5/8", about typical and good for cheap ammo.
    kjXofSZ.jpg

One additional note. Had 2 fail to feeds on the mag's last round with the Magazine. I could duplicate the failure using a single round in mag. Slightly different bullet shape with this ammo. Supposedly it is optimized for semi autos. If I worked the bolt a little more vigorously it worked fine.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hot off the range, more T1x fun! All 5 shot groups, shot at 75 yards. Not some of my best work, still got some heart and lung issues from the wuflu.
    SK Standard+, 1/2" and 1/2" Typical performance, very consistent groups. Favorite mid level ammo.
    SK Magazine, 13/16" and 9/16" I didn't season the bore between brands, I think this type would have benefited from it.First group, first 2 shots strung low, then last 3 went basically in same hole. Very, very slimy lube, all over the ammo as it is bulk packed. Called flyer on 2nd group, got bit by deer fly. First time I've shot it, unless something changes next outing doubt I'll buy more.
    Eley Action 3/4" and 9/16" Again no season ended up with larger first group. A newer 42 gr offering from Eley, again first use and again dubt I'll buy more unless it shoots better next time.
    Aguila SE HV 11/16" and 5/8", about typical and good for cheap ammo.
    kjXofSZ.jpg

One additional note. Had 2 fail to feeds on the mag's last round with the Magazine. I could duplicate the failure using a single round in mag. Slightly different bullet shape with this ammo. Supposedly it is optimized for semi autos. If I worked the bolt a little more vigorously it worked fine.

I'd be happy to have those groups at 50 yds, or should I say 25 yds.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Picture is of a 20 shot 50 yard group I shot from the bench with factory iron sights off my Bald Eagle front rest, Protector rear bunny ear bag. Gun is a new H&K 416D 22LR first range trip 50 yard sight in target. Ammo is WW copper washed 36grn HP.
    Not to shabby considering I now have a astigmatism.

Great little rifles the H&K 416D's. VERY impressed with the factory triggers.
    Same rest from the bench went 17 of 20 on a 8" steel plate at 100 yards. I essentially "Dot The I" with my sight picture using the MBUS factory sights, concentrate on the shot and hoped for the best.

Attachments

• 20200715_104326.jpg
      20200715_104326.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 22
    Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Picture is of a 20 shot 50 yard group I shot from the bench with factory iron sights off my Bald Eagle front rest, Protector rear bunny ear bag. Gun is a new H&K 416D 22LR first range trip 50 yard sight in target. Ammo is WW copper washed 36grn HP.

Same rest from the bench went 17 of 20 on a 8" steel plate at 100 yards. I essentially "Dot The I" with my sight picture using the MBUS factory sights, concentrate on the shot and hoped for the best.

very nice shooting Eagle eyes. At 50yd I doubt I could see a 12x12 target without my glasses.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Most excellent shooting! One thing about shooting more than 10 round groups is it is very good test on a person's ability to maintain concentration. Not a problem for you!

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Shot a couple killer groups this weekend. .2" center to center with sk rifle match and an amazing .18" center to center with center x. 5 shot groups at 50 yds.
    IMG_20200725_153856_01.jpg

Top Bottom