• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait just a minute.......is that a PINK ammo can? You've got som explaining to do mister.

Yes, that is one of the pink ammo cans. The .30 cans are range ammo, the .50cal and 40MM cans are storage ammo.

My ammo is color coded. Pink=9MM. It is hi viz and a caliber joke.

Pontiac blue=.45acp
    Pink=9mm
    White=.38SPL
    White with Red Stripe=.357 magnum
    Black=7.62 X 51
    Red=7.62 X 39
    Orange=.22lr
    Royal Blue=5.45X39MM
    Yellow=5.56/.223 55gr.
    Yellow=5.56, 62 gr.
    Hunter Green=8MM Mauser
    Silver=.50USMG
    Sand=.30-30

I know that these calibers are not hip and cool now, but I limit my calibers so I can focus and buy more what I have decided upon will work for my needs.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Last county it was 100K+ of .22lr, so I think I am . . . that's not enough!

ETBx05RWsAISw1s

I'm just going to imagine that's the entry way to your house...

Walk in the front door, put your case of carry ammo back in its appropriate place, full combat load of mags back in the wall hangers, sling the rifle over the front door, change into your slippers and jacket, grab your SBS for casual TV watching defensive needs, and ask to the kitchen what's for dinner.

I now have new life goals.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It didn’t disappear overnight last time. It was trickle down. 9mm ran out. 5.56/223 ran out. People were buying 22 cause it was there

if the buying frenzy continues then there’s a possibility that a lot of calibers can temporarily be unavailable

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes, that is one of the pink ammo cans. The .30 cans are range ammo, the .50cal and 40MM cans are storage ammo.

My ammo is color coded. Pink=9MM. It is hi viz and a caliber joke.

Pontiac blue=.45acp
    Pink=9mm
    White=.38SPL
    White with Red Stripe=.357 magnum
    Black=7.62 X 51
    Red=7.62 X 39
    Orange=.22lr
    Royal Blue=5.45X39MM
    Yellow=5.56/.223 55gr.
    Yellow=5.56, 62 gr.
    Hunter Green=8MM Mauser
    Silver=.50USMG
    Sand=.30-30

I know that these calibers are not hip and cool now, but I limit my calibers so I can focus and buy more what I have decided upon will work for my needs.

Uh...no 12ga?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I went through my ammo last week.
    I have enough .22LR ammo to go 1x/week to the range for 18 yrs.
    Since I might not live 18 more years, I might splurge and go 2x/week for 9 yrs. :dunno:
    I tried to get stocked up before retirement. ;)
    I need to build up my 9mm (down to a couple of cases), 32 acp, (a few boxes) 38 sp. (less than a case) & .357 magnum (a few boxes).

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I am with Kirk. .22LR, 9mm, .38, .357, 5.56/.223, 45/70 and 20 gauge. I am a pretty simple guy. Glock mags and Magpul AR mags. Buy them while you can.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Went to Greenwood Rural King yesterday, the gun counter was packed solid.

No bulk 22 left.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I've bought a brick or few here and there as we came out of the shortage. Then I got into long range .22LR shooting and none of the bulk stuff does that well at all. Stocked up pretty good on CCI standard, that still is not match consistent.

Lately, I've been trying to watch for sales on better target ammo. Lead ammo at standard velocity in the .$10 per round range.

give Aguila a try ... I love the stuff

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I have enough for a few lifetimes at this point.

If my wife knew the $$ I have invested in just .22LR ammo, she would stop breathing in shock.
    I was pleasantly surprised myself since I buy it on sale (or decent used buy) & have been doing so only for less than 3 yrs.
    I can't imagine what I would have if I hadn't stopped shooting for 30 yrs.
    Oh, how I wished I'd kept up with all this during the last 3 decades.
    If I would have known about INGO & been reading it: life would have been different.
    Last time I checked I think I only had about half the rounds I have now.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Well it has started. I work in a gun shop part time and since Friday they have sold out of all bulk ammo and most of the single boxes. I was looking at some places that we usually get ammo from and they are already sold out also. It is going to get scary for a while if you have not stocked up. Glad that I have been stockpiling for years. I worked at this shop when Obama got in and the buying went crazy but this time is different.

I have seen people just walk in and say I'll take that one. They have no clue what they are looking for but know they want something. The media is driving this stuff out of control.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well it has started. I work in a gun shop part time and since Friday they have sold out of all bulk ammo and most of the single boxes. I was looking at some places that we usually get ammo from and they are already sold out also. It is going to get scary for a while if you have not stocked up. Glad that I have been stockpiling for years. I worked at this shop when Obama got in and the buying went crazy but this time is different.

I have seen people just walk in and say I'll take that one. They have no clue what they are looking for but know they want something. The media is driving this stuff out of control.

Sounds like firearms manufacturers might be the only stocks that aren't going to get absolutely murdered next quarter...

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My BIL went to Cabela's yesterday and grabbed me a couple 1100 packs of federal black. He said they had everything except 9mm.

I went online today to grab some ammo. Most everywhere was sold out of 9mm. I was able to snag 1000 rounds from an online vendor, but it took some searching to find it.

Is 9mm the new .22LR?

Top Bottom