• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Question about owning baffles, if you were to buy an adapter, register it yourself, then "build" it into a supressor by adding the oil filter, would you then be able to legally change the oil filter yourself? What about keeping extra oil filters on hand?

If so, THAT is the way to do it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Question about owning baffles, if you were to buy an adapter, register it yourself, then "build" it into a supressor by adding the oil filter, would you then be able to legally change the oil filter yourself? What about keeping extra oil filters on hand?

If so, THAT is the way to do it.

I think they put serials on the oil filter too because if you have a regular suppressor you can't own extra baffles.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If you buy the Econo Can, you have to send it back in to get another oil filter attached and pay another $200 tax stamp, fill out the forms, and wait.....each time. Not legal to put another oil filter on yourself without getting another tax stamp.

There are better ways to make your own silencer after getting your stamp that can be cleaned. I just plan on buying a single baffle system, a good silencer that can be easily disassembled and cleaned, once its cleared by uncle sam of course.

You can use a suppressor on multiple firearms with one tax stamp. You have to have individual stamps for each suppressor though.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I think they put serials on the oil filter too because if you have a regular suppressor you can't own extra baffles.

I realize that you cant have extra suppressor "parts", but if you manufacture it yourself (like you would an SBR), could you then have the extra "parts". If you are the manufacturer, you should be able to service your own suppressor, correct?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I realize that you cant have extra suppressor "parts", but if you manufacture it yourself (like you would an SBR), could you then have the extra "parts". If you are the manufacturer, you should be able to service your own suppressor, correct?

I think that gets into a little gray area. I think if you make your own, technically you can't have any parts made until you get approved. And then you can't have any spares. I'm not 100% sure how that would work though.

It depends if you made your own using a Form 1 or if you were an SOT and set up as an actual manufacturer. :dunno:

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    For an old guy he did a good job at pot smoking :):
    On a serious note didn't cobray make an accessory that let you put a two liter pop bottle on a mac?

jimmywine81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    A guy at the 1500 had the adapters for $45, he said it was for "cleaning from the breach end". But if you chose to put the oil filter on you have pay the tax stamp. I didnt want to get in trouble so I didnt buy it

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    A guy at the 1500 had the adapters for $45, he said it was for "cleaning from the breach end". But if you chose to put the oil filter on you have pay the tax stamp. I didnt want to get in trouble so I didnt buy it

The exact some ones? Did you happen to catch his name?

I would be interested in doing one on a Form 1.

jimmywine81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    The exact some ones? Did you happen to catch his name?

I would be interested in doing one on a Form 1.

Sorry didnt catch his name....I dont think it was exactly the same, but same principles. He had one for ak and one for ar. Also he had a demo barrel with a filter attached to it. I probably should have got them, maybe next time?!

Top Bottom