• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have seen those several times. He mentions 556? Now THAT I would be interested in hearing. Would the filter hold up? Would it actually have some noise reduction? If so, I'm in.

TriggerWork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I just thought the same thing. What would be the law that stops me from making my own can to screw on to the adapter? Looking by haven't found the specific law yet.

TriggerWork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    If you pay the tax, the adapter would be the suppressor. Nothing would stop you from constructing something to attach it, at least not the way I understand it. It would be like owning an extra set of baffles.

I found a comment in a forum that stated that the ATF must consider the oil filter as a "wipe" since it punches out the first round. So, if true could you just make sure that the exit end cap was solid on the first shot?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If you go to their website, the can/adapter is a silencer combo. They are both serialized. Once the can gets dirty you can't just buy another oil filter. The filter is just as much a part of the setup as the adapter itself.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Or for another $100 you could have a Huntertown Arms suppressor :dunno:

EXACTLY right. Pay the extra for a product that was made as it should be and can be cleaned with ease. Buy once, cry once. Once that oil filter gets dirty, youre outta luck. Not to mention having to pay how much for raised sights and its FUGLY!

Top Bottom