• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    ... before we got interrupted by the drunk guy ...

Sorry for my tardiness in my remarks here, I had to drive slowly to get home because of the buzz and subsequent raging hangover I had from the fumes coming off dude referenced above :nuts:

First off, very nice to meet some fellow INGO'ers and put faces to aliases.

I guess in the end, I, like Hammerhead, was not so much surprised with the content of the debate so much as the lack of "heat" - no one freaked out.

Not as much :runaway: as I'd anticipated.

All-in-all, very much worth the time, and if they ever decided to do it again I'd definitely attend - in fact, I hope it repeats and is expanded a bit for time. 2A debate tends to drift into other political debate so the added time is valuable both for that, and to get back on track.

The lawyer "moderating" shyed away from the question at the end about why I can, as a Larry holder, carry my sidearm but NetPIMP can't because he's waiting for his from the state, and how that's not an infringement on NetPIMP's 2A rights (and all of ours) because we have to ask for permission.

I would say this was where I found myself left hanging - I wanted to get a frame of reference for how this is possible... how do we go from 2A's "... shall not be infringed." to having gun control, restrictions, licensing to posess/carry/etc... how was that gap bridged?

Yes, he noted that IN case law views driving as a "right" after your licensed - i.e. you must get a license to acquire the right. Is the converse not true? I do NOT have the right until I have the license? Seems to be the case...

OK (not), then how do you explain how I must then be licensed to exercise/assert a right given to me at both a federal constitutional and state constitutional level - if I already have the right, why do I then need a license? This is backwards from above...

Inconsistency in the law is a huge problem. :twocents:

I was left wanting in this area - I suspect that our hosts desire to remain "in the middle" and not inject his personal views somehow played into him shying away from this - tho, I'm just now sure how... or maybe it was a time constraint. :dunno:

Gentlemen, if there is a next-time, I promise... I will bring :popcorn:

:patriot::ingo:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Are we allowed to open carry there? No? Oh...so it's already been decided then. No thanks.

The Republic and the Daily Journal have about 50 loyal readers left in the state. They're going to do anything to stir up controversy and sell a few more papers.

Yellow Journalism...look it up

Rights are not something you are allowed to have by other men. Those are priveledges and permissions.

Top Bottom