• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Yeah- doesn't work on mine either. As I understand it, there were some hoops to jump thru to get it on the ipad that we could not afford at this time. :dunno:
    Darn lol kind of off topic but type in ccw on the search bar at the App Store and it'll come up with an app that gives you a list of states that honors indiana ltch. They also advertise a similar app to the one posted about here.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indy area is coming along nicely!
    2A Friendly - Search the List of Gun-Friendly and Gun-Unfriendly Businesses

DrB777p.png

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    So the first time I tried to use this app I found some problems with the business I want to rate. The name of the business is Strack & Van Til. It's a grocery store. It is in Munster, IN. When I searched for it the address came up as 12 Ridge Road, Thornton, Illinois, 46321. Everything is correct except the city and state. The actual address is 12 Ridge Road, Munster, IN, 46321. The map shows this business as being just west of the state line in Illinois (which would be the town of Lansing, IL). In reality, the business is in Indiana, on the Indiana side of the state line, the west side of their parking lot is the state line.

The other error I notice with the same business is that when I look at it's flag location on the map, other than showing it on the wrong side of the state line, if I tap the flag, then it gives the address for another store in Crown Point, IN, which is about 14 miles away from this store location.

Also, I registered on the website, but I can not log in on the app using the same username and password.

Is their a way to fix or report these errors on the app?

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    So the first time I tried to use this app I found some problems with the business I want to rate. The name of the business is Strack & Van Til. It's a grocery store. It is in Munster, IN. When I searched for it the address came up as 12 Ridge Road, Thornton, Illinois, 46321. Everything is correct except the city and state. The actual address is 12 Ridge Road, Munster, IN, 46321. The map shows this business as being just west of the state line in Illinois (which would be the town of Lansing, IL). In reality, the business is in Indiana, on the Indiana side of the state line, the west side of their parking lot is the state line.

The other error I notice with the same business is that when I look at it's flag location on the map, other than showing it on the wrong side of the state line, if I tap the flag, then it gives the address for another store in Crown Point, IN, which is about 14 miles away from this store location.

Also, I registered on the website, but I can not log in on the app using the same username and password.

Is their a way to fix or report these errors on the app?
    Mark,
    the business listings come from google places, which is pretty good and big, but not always accurate. These locations and addresses can be fixed by going thru google. As I understand it, using their business listings is better than creating a new one.

https://support.google.com/places/answer/154102?hl=en

As for the account, sign up thru the app to leave ratings, it's separate from the support forum. I'll ask if the two can be linked. I'm sure it's on the to-do list already.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    2AFriendly just launched the web-based gun-friendly rating tool. Now you can rate businesses from a web browser, iPhone, and Android. It's also mobile friendly and will work from Windows Phones, and modern blackberry devices. Much, much easier to use than friendorfoe as well.

Check it out here: http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-rate.php

vfHC1N7.png

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Is this with the paid version? I rated a new business yesterday and there was no open carry pick..
    Thank You.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Thank you, for clearing that up for me. I have told several of my freinds about your app, it is a very useful app!
    Take care.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Today an upgrade to the iPhone version was released. The app is more easily usable now with a map that is now enlargeable, and now you can scroll around and browse locations by swiping or zooming the map. We also fixed some things for iOS 7.

https://www.facebook.com/2AFriendly?sk=a...3&app_data

The database now holds over 70,000 locations rated.

(Android update follows in the next week or so.)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    A new major release is available:
    oc.jpg

Changes and improvements:

• Automatic State Reciprocity Detector based on user's carry permit state (+P version)
    • State gun laws quick guide (+P version)
    • Added Open Carry ratings
    • Added Open Carry flag status
    • Changed unrated business to new unrated flag status instead of Neutral
    • Alternate map marker (dots) setting
    • Bugfixes and improvements
    Download here:
    Android (Google)

Android (Amazon)

iPhone (Apple)

Top Bottom