SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, I am a maybe, I have the day off, but that can change, Fri.,
    afternoon.... but I will try, will not be at b'fast, where I live, Seymour,
    is too far out of the way, but if I show, will see you at the RANGE ...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I will be in a light blue Jeep Liberty with veterans plates. I also have a Ingo sticker. Not for sure what the weather will be like. Might want to bring drinks and snacks just in case.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Looks like I may be able to make it by 2 or so now. If anybody has an updated p22 magazine I could try in my p22 that would be awesome. I want to try to conform that that is my feed issue before I buy a few more mags. Thanks.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to be unable to make it tomorrow. I have had some last minute things come up. I apologize. Do not let it keep you guys from going.

Again I'm sorry,
    Patriot

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I'd like to join the group tomorrow.

I've never been to Crosley and don't know how it's set up.

-- It appears that it has both rifle and pistol ranges.
    -- Do we need to bring target stands? I have some.
    -- Is there a range officer?
    -- Is there a set routine of fire? Or is it unstructured?

Thanks!

lovemywoods

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    cripes...I forgot about this!!! I will try and make it a little sooner than I did last time.
    I need to sight in a few things.....

If anyone would like me to bring any targets, let me know. I can toss them in the back and save you some time and shipping. Still have the 66% and 100% IPSC on sale...

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'm not gonna make it. Concession duty ran a little late. I ak going to head down to atterbury for a couple hours though. Look for an ammo can or two with ingo stickers on them. I'll most likely be the idiot shooting a p22 at 25 yards. Lol

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I hope, all those that made it had a good time. Sorry I was unable to make it. I have a book report due tomorrow and I have been helping my Mom with things around the house.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Was a good day a little wet but good day shooting. meet a several new people and had a great time. maybe we should do more of these events (weather permits) monthly. just have a good time to go out and shoot.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    AAR: Seymour Breakfast and Shoot at Crosley

U.S. Patriot organized a Meet and Greet for the Seymour area INGOers. Unfortunately, he was called away at the last moment. However, the rest of us determined not to let his absence thwart our plans! :)

A ‘Baconing’ of INGOers at breakfast!

2ylmjav.jpg

Since we were so close, we made a quick trip to ACME Sports and said hi to the crew and looked at their current inventory.

2vjrjav.jpg

We drove to the range, part of the Crosley Fish and Wildlife area located just south of North Vernon, Indiana. I followed XDinmyXJ via the ‘back way’ to the range. Fairly easy access. I took the main route as I left the range and went across the very narrow steel bridge and a beautiful wooded drive.

INGO member henktermatt has a nice pictorial about the Crosley range at:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/101429-crosley_dnr_range_review.html

The wildlife area is a fairly primitive area by design, but the range has covered shooting booths with concrete floors. The lanes go from 25 to 200 yards with an adjacent trap and skeet area.

In the picture, you can see the row of shooting booths.

2wmj7v9.jpg

As the others were setting up on the short range, I walked down and took a picture of two gentlemen shooting at the 200 yard lane. The backstops in each lane are of the same design.

5drus6.jpg

XDinmyXJ got set up first!

2vj7wpt.jpg

Tooleman and Randall arrived and joined us in the shooting booth. We spent several hours shooting each other’s guns and talking about guns and knives.

24g0klc.jpg

Randall likes shotguns and was eager to give his some breathing room!

t9gpvk.jpg

The low point of the trip was a brief (and I mean brief!:n00b:) trip to the outhouse. It was nasty, the toilet was broken and the pit was nearly full to the top! Ugh! No pictures please!.

Around 1:30 it started to rain lightly and I needed to leave. I said ‘goodbye’ to some new INGO friends and headed toward home….but not quite straight home. I stopped by ‘Bite the Bullet’ on highway 31 to look around and was pleased to see INGO member Big Hank! I met him at a previous INGO breakfast in Seymour. We had a nice chat about reloading and his pistol competitions.

A great way to spend part of a Saturday!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    U.S. Patriot organized a Meet and Greet for the Seymour area INGOers. Unfortunately, he was called away at the last moment. However, the rest of us determined not to let his absence thwart our plans! :)

A ‘Baconing’ of INGOers at breakfast!

2ylmjav.jpg

Since we were so close, we made a quick trip to ACME Sports and said hi to the crew and looked at their current inventory.

2vjrjav.jpg

We drove to the range, part of the Crosley Fish and Wildlife area located just south of North Vernon, Indiana. I followed XDinmyXJ via the ‘back way’ to the range. Fairly easy access. I took the main route as I left the range and went across the very narrow steel bridge and a beautiful wooded drive.

INGO member henktermatt has a nice pictorial about the Crosley range at:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/101429-crosley_dnr_range_review.html

The wildlife area is a fairly primitive area by design, but the range has covered shooting booths with concrete floors. The lanes go from 25 to 200 yards with an adjacent trap and skeet area.

In the picture, you can see the row of shooting booths.

2wmj7v9.jpg

As the others were setting up on the short range, I walked down and took a picture of two gentlemen shooting at the 200 yard lane. The backstops in each lane are of the same design.

5drus6.jpg

XDinmyXJ got set up first!

2vj7wpt.jpg

Tooleman and Randall arrived and joined us in the shooting booth. We spent several hours shooting each other’s guns and talking about guns and knives.

24g0klc.jpg

Randall likes shotguns and was eager to give his some breathing room!

t9gpvk.jpg

The low point of the trip was a brief (and I mean brief!:n00b:) trip to the outhouse. It was nasty, the toilet was broken and the pit was nearly full to the top! Ugh! No pictures please!.

Around 1:30 it started to rain lightly and I needed to leave. I said ‘goodbye’ to some new INGO friends and headed toward home….but not quite straight home. I stopped by ‘Bite the Bullet’ on highway 31 to look around and was pleased to see INGO member Big Hank! I met him at a previous INGO breakfast in Seymour. We had a nice chat about reloading and his pistol competitions.

A great way to spend part of a Saturday!

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I wish, I did not have to be absent. Think positive though. While you had good food and where shooting. I was doing a book report on a horrible book :D. Thanks for putting up some pics. Bob at Bite the Bullet is good guy. My Dad and I go there quite a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom