• ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    IMO it sounds like a drug related hit. :rolleyes:

Why? Because the husband and father of two had a single misdemeanor conviction of possession of marijuana back in 1998 which he served no jail time for? :rolleyes:

It's more likely they broke in because the guy left the box for his new big flat screen out on the curb for trash night. Neighbors give him a glowing review and paint him as the perfect husband and father. Probably not something they would if he was running drugs out of his house.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    3 men posing as ATF agents break into home, kill resident | al.com

I struggle with what I would do if this happened to me; how could they blame you if you protected your home and family?

No one knows what they would do in this situation,

Sure you do. If masked men break into your home, you deliver a high volume of lead into them.
    how would you know if you're doing the right thing or not?

Those of us who are law abiding citizens have no reason to fear a legitimate police raid. Therefore anyone breaking into our homes are do so illegally and we may defend our home, with force.

Will they try and "blame you"? Probably. On the plus side, more and more courts are siding with homeowners who shoot cops executing no-knocks warrants at the wrong house.

I'd rather error on the side of safety (my families safety) and engage the threat rather than watch my wife and kids get raped because I didn't respond appropriately.

Some have mentioned that if it is the cops, you won't stand a chance anyway, so for some it won't matter. For others who carry 24/7, even in the home and have multi level homes, the odds of us responding before those "tacticool operators" do their thing, it's another.

Moral of the story, cops don't go kicking down the wrong doors, they have nothing to fear from the law abiding citizens and vice versa.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    So how were these guys any different than real ATF agents?

Am I the only one here old enough to remember Kenyon Ballew, John Lawmaster, the Lamplughs and the Katonas?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Sure you do. If masked men break into your home, you deliver a high volume of lead into them.

Those of us who are law abiding citizens have no reason to fear a legitimate police raid. Therefore anyone breaking into our homes are do so illegally and we may defend our home, with force.

Will they try and "blame you"? Probably. On the plus side, more and more courts are siding with homeowners who shoot cops executing no-knocks warrants at the wrong house.

I'd rather error on the side of safety (my families safety) and engage the threat rather than watch my wife and kids get raped because I didn't respond appropriately.

Some have mentioned that if it is the cops, you won't stand a chance anyway, so for some it won't matter. For others who carry 24/7, even in the home and have multi level homes, the odds of us responding before those "tacticool operators" do their thing, it's another.

Moral of the story, cops don't go kicking down the wrong doors, they have nothing to fear from the law abiding citizens and vice versa.

Only criminals break into homes uninvited which will warrant them to a lead sandwich.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Prometheus couldn't be more correct. If you are a law abiding citizen, you have no reason to decipher what to do if this were to happen to you. The only variable in this scenario is if the police get the wrong address, at which time you defending your home (probably until you're killed) would be justified and a lawyer would have a field day in court.

No amount of money could suppress the loss to a wife or children, but atleast they will live the rest of their lives without financial worry due to such a scenario.

A SWAT team is primarily an organized and well-oiled machine. The majority of the people on these forums could tell just by the manner in which a group of men execute a no-knock.

I will tell you that ANY group of men entering my home with force will be dealt with as such. Like Prometheus already pointed out, I will take my chances and justify the response of force so my family stays safe since that is my ONLY priority.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Prometheus couldn't be more correct. If you are a law abiding citizen, you have no reason to decipher what to do if this were to happen to you. The only variable in this scenario is if the police get the wrong address, at which time you defending your home (probably until you're killed) would be justified and a lawyer would have a field day in court.

No amount of money could suppress the loss to a wife or children, but atleast they will live the rest of their lives without financial worry due to such a scenario.

A SWAT team is primarily an organized and well-oiled machine. The majority of the people on these forums could tell just by the manner in which a group of men execute a no-knock.

I will tell you that ANY group of men entering my home with force will be dealt with as such. Like Prometheus already pointed out, I will take my chances and justify the response of force so my family stays safe since that is my ONLY priority.

the red statement contradicts itself a lot. how about the government just leaves us all the f*ck alone and alows us to be poor ow rich on our own instead of killing our family members. i dont need any of their buy off blood money.

and the blue. hmmmmmm where to start? no the MAJORITY of members here probly couldnt tell their butt hole from a bullet hole, let alone what a swat team is supposed to do with tactics they (police) shouldnt be using anyways.

also, i strongly disagree that most swat teams even know what they are doing. posted for your viewing pleasure. this is from indiana ..........
    (and im keeping the dog killing and innocent people killing videos out of this one. this is just a funny one but you get the point. its like letting a 3 year old play with a butcher knife. they or someone else will get killed playing with stuff they shouldnt be)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUsNv45ixwM]YouTube - Indiana State Police ERT Breach[/ame]

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The article said he was targeted. Could have been drug related. This is exactly why I don't screw around with drugs. At all. Of course it doesn't have to be about drugs anymore.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    They have made mistakes before and performed no-knock dynamic entries on the wrong homes before. They have encountered armed innocent homeowners who were killed trying to defend themselves.

These things HAVE happened, so saying it shouldn't be a concern is silly. However these things are rare... so if you are a law abiding citizen, you can probably assume it isn't good guys breaking into your home.

If someone is kicking at your door... you can bet its not SWAT. They don't have someone just stand there and kick at the door until it breaks.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Had a acquaintance/friend of a friend a few years ago who sold a lot of pot (no, I'm not into drugs) Him and another guy were hanging out at his house playing video games and his house was invaded by 3 or 4 masked guys armed with handguns and mace. They sprayed the 2 blind with mace and threatened to kill them unless they gave up the stash and all the money they had. This guy was "scared straight" or so he said, and gave up dealing, moved and lol bought a AR-15 for his first gun.

Not saying thats what happend here but that kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME in the drug world. Many times, like in the case of this guy I new, they don't get reported.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    They have made mistakes before and performed no-knock dynamic entries on the wrong homes before. They have encountered armed innocent homeowners who were killed trying to defend themselves.

These things HAVE happened, so saying it shouldn't be a concern is silly. However these things are rare... so if you are a law abiding citizen, you can probably assume it isn't good guys breaking into your home.

If someone is kicking at your door... you can bet its not SWAT. They don't have someone just stand there and kick at the door until it breaks.

Any links to add credibility?

Top Bottom