• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Google is free this time of year, or so I hear.

Im not the one who said it happens all the time, when in fact I would guess that it doesnt happen very often at all.

When it happens in small town Alaska the news in Indiana plays it for 24 hours.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm guessing you didn't read any of them, because no-one invited them in any fashion. These are all incidents where the innocent were victimised by SWAT teams. I guess the little girl in Detroit was just asking for it, eh?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You mean the one where the dad was in the vehicle that killed a person the previous Week for looking At them with a mean face.

The ones that were truly the wrong address should be compensated. The ones that were lucky that there stash was dry deserve what they get.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The ones that were truly the wrong address should be compensated. The ones that were lucky that there stash was dry deserve what they get.
    Compensated?

What if those innocent home owners shot and killed the invaders? Would you support looking the other way and simply compensating the families of the officers who were shot? Or would you vigorously pursue the "cop killer" and do anything you could to charge them with a crime and put them in prison for the rest of their lives?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if a citizen accidently blast someone because we dont do our homework and we just wanted to play billy bad ass with a gun, then i doubt we would get off by just writing a check. this goes back to what a lot of people are calling for with LEO's ...... criminal accountability. when all they have to wory about is writing a check to the victims thats drawn on someone elses bank account they will never fully get it. throw afew in jail and then see if things improve. i think we are seeing a majority of people that are starting to be against LE in its current tarnished form. time to reshape it back to the way it was meant to be.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I had a friend that got a had a swat team pay a visit at 2am because he had sold a box turtle at a reptile show that was unlawful because of a recent protection law passed that nobody knew of at that time. Cops want to play badass at any opportunity and bust down doors.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Compensated?

What if those innocent home owners shot and killed the invaders? Would you support looking the other way and simply compensating the families of the officers who were shot? Or would you vigorously pursue the "cop killer" and do anything you could to charge them with a crime and put them in prison for the rest of their lives?

If a no nock warrant is served on my house and I kill the first guy through my door,then he deserved to die as I do not live the life of a felon. If he had the wrong address he still deserves it because it's my house and I am protecting what's mine.

I would guess though if it happened I would just sit there and take it until they realize they made a mistake and leave. If they do not compensate me for the damage then I will go to the courts and seek to be made whole again.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I had a friend that got a had a swat team pay a visit at 2am because he had sold a box turtle at a reptile show that was unlawful because of a recent protection law passed that nobody knew of at that time. Cops want to play badass at any opportunity and bust down doors.
    If this is an accurate report of what happened, then this is a classic example of the abuse of power being carried out across our nation fairly regularly.

Calling out a SWAT team to serve a non-violent warrant is ludicrous. There is absolutely no expectation by the victim in this story that they broke a law, and certainly not a law that would warrant an armed entry into their home. A summons left on the door is all that's required.

The militarization of our police forces is what's at issue here. This practice needs to stop, ASAP... because this is the end result:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0]YouTube - Miami Police Shot Protester, then laugh about it.[/ame]

Police treating the citizenry as enemy combatants.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If a no nock warrant is served on my house and I kill the first guy through my door,then he deserved to die as I do not live the life of a felon. If he had the wrong address he still deserves it because it's my house and I am protecting what's mine.

I would guess though if it happened I would just sit there and take it until they realize they made a mistake and leave. If they do not compensate me for the damage then I will go to the courts and seek to be made whole again.
    Gotcha. Perhaps I misunderstood your previous posts.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    ANYONE KICKS IN MY DOOR THEN THEYRE DEAD PERIOD! With that said they had no identifiers on their person that said BATFE or POLICE,Sherrif,etc so multiple lead injections would have been handed out until the threat was no more! NO MATTER WHAT I WILL PROTECT MY HOME AND FAMILY AT ALL COST!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    ANYONE KICKS IN MY DOOR THEN THEYRE DEAD PERIOD! With that said they had no identifiers on their person that said BATFE or POLICE,Sherrif,etc so multiple lead injections would have been handed out until the threat was no more! NO MATTER WHAT I WILL PROTECT MY HOME AND FAMILY AT ALL COST!

I don't care if they ARE wearing identifiers such as "Sherrif"...you do NOT come to my home and enter dynamically. PERIOD. I commit no crimes, I break no laws. Let's call it what it is. If you make a mistake and attempt dynamic entry at my home, then lives will be lost.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

But how would you know the difference between a bona fide criminal entry and a sloppy police-work irresponsible entry?

I am NOT arguing with you. I'm just struggling with the fine line of knowing that there is insufficient time to determine these facts, but quick thinking is likely to get us killed just as much as not thinking quickly enough.

I don't know. Just thinkin' out loud, I guess.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I don't know or care. Because either way they are in the wrong to come into my house. I do not live my life committing felonies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    These things HAVE happened, so saying it shouldn't be a concern is silly. However these things are rare... so if you are a law abiding citizen, you can probably assume it isn't good guys breaking into your home.

Because I AM a law-abiding citizen, NOBODY breaking into my home is a good guy, LEO or not.

If someone is kicking at your door... you can bet its not SWAT. They don't have someone just stand there and kick at the door until it breaks.

Since took about two minutes to bust down the door on Johnston’s house and the old lady had time to grab a gun and fire once —

Apparently Atlanta LE does. :D

--from one of the links above

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't know or care. Because either way they are in the wrong to come into my house. I do not live my life committing felonies.

I'm not questioning whether or not they are right.

I'm questioning the no-win situation law-abiding citizens are put in when faced with the split-second decision to treat the invaders as true criminals or incompetent LE.

We shouldn't HAVE to be in that situation at all. And while criminals will always exist, the fact that there has been no reining in on the over-reaching powers of police actions of this type, I'm left with a very bad taste in my mouth at the thought of facing this scenario. All of which could be avoided if LE weren't allowed to trample so freely in the name of "justice."

It's one thing to take the absolute stand that anybody breaching the perimeter is bad. It's something else entirely when the result is that you get dead for your efforts and the state issues a formal "so sorry, our bad" statement to the press and leaves no recourse for real justice to your heirs.

Top Bottom