• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Anyone that kicks in my front door is a criminal. If I'm not laying in a fetal position on the floor in my own pee They will be dealt with accordingly.

The way I come to this conclusion is that I am a law abiding citizen who has the right to protect his family with deadly force.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Macon, GA had "no-knock" warrants. They executed one against a drug house. The gang inside was at "war" with another gang. They shot the first officer through the door. Once they realized it was the police, they dropped their guns. Their response was that had the police identified themselves, the gang would not have fired. Maybe they would have and maybe they wouldn't, but the second guy in the door told me that the gang was genuinely surprised that it was the SWAT coming through the door.

Is it really worth this kind of trouble to prevent evidence from being flushed? I suppose that the argument could be made that the element of surprise is a good thing, but not against a group of people who are heavily armed and for all intents and purposes desperate.

Macon has done away with "no-knock" and many municipalities seem to be following suit.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Macon, GA had "no-knock" warrants. They executed one against a drug house. The gang inside was at "war" with another gang. They shot the first officer through the door. Once they realized it was the police, they dropped their guns. Their response was that had the police identified themselves, the gang would not have fired. Maybe they would have and maybe they wouldn't, but the second guy in the door told me that the gang was genuinely surprised that it was the SWAT coming through the door.

Is it really worth this kind of trouble to prevent evidence from being flushed? I suppose that the argument could be made that the element of surprise is a good thing, but not against a group of people who are heavily armed and for all intents and purposes desperate.

Macon has done away with "no-knock" and many municipalities seem to be following suit.
    I've served my share of drug warrants over the years.
    No Knock is a BAD policy!!
    I'd rather lose some evidence that lose someones life.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I don't care if they ARE wearing identifiers such as "Sherrif"...you do NOT come to my home and enter dynamically. PERIOD. I commit no crimes, I break no laws. Let's call it what it is. If you make a mistake and attempt dynamic entry at my home, then lives will be lost.
    sorry shouldve added a comma there. I dont care who they are! I dont live the life of a criminal either so therefore NO ONE should be kicking in my door! If they do they die its that simple. As stated before I will protect my family and myself at ALL COST against ANYONE!

What I was saying about ident tags was directed to the actual situation and that it shouldve been a red flag right off the bat and hence the administration of lead injections in a 5.56 or 45 caliber variety:D

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I've served my share of drug warrants over the years.
    No Knock is a BAD policy!!
    I'd rather lose some evidence that lose someones life.
    Rep for that! Im glad we dont do them anymore! When I worked in KY we did and I didnt like it too much but it went with the job.Its way too dangerous,specially if your the first guy through the door!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

it is if your "the man" and trying to get credit for that ounce that was flushed :): if all they wanted was drugs off the streets then they would give the bad guys time to flush their drugs and then hand them a flyer asking them to donate money to the police ball when they answer the door. :laugh: that would suck if you were the guy who flushed the drugs, thats justice in my mind. I couldnt be a cop because if i found weed on a suspect i would let him keep it ... one ounce, one pound, one hundred pounds makes no difference to me, smoke it up if you want, your life.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I agree. I could never enforce a law I thought was bad. Unlike some, I know I have a choice. I won't sell out my sense of right and wrong for a paycheck.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree. I could never enforce a law I thought was bad. Unlike some, I know I have a choice. I won't sell out my sense of right and wrong for a paycheck.

not just a bad law but one i also think is unconstitutional. i dont give a crap what the scotus interprits it to be. they will rule how it benefits their own agendas or those that own them.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    not just a bad law but one i also think is unconstitutional. i dont give a crap what the scotus interprits it to be. they will rule how it benefits their own agendas or those that own them.

I use the term "bad" in the all-encompassing sense, to include law *I* think is unconstitutional. Felon with a firearm? Have a nice day. 100 pounds of weed in the car and $200K in cash? Drive safe; don't spend it all in one place. Unregistered machine guns, sawed off shotguns? Just don't point them at me and we're cool. Weaving as you drive down the road? You better hope you don't hit somebody.

Yeah. I can't see me lasting doing the job like that.

Top Bottom