• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I would guess that people that think State Farm is great have never made any material claim with them. As for being old and big, that holds no weight to me for being a quality company. See Bank of America... Many companies become big and last long by ruthlessness, not good customer service or appreciation.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Well i will say as of today i'm looking for different insurance. State Farm is all about the money till it come time you have to turn in a claim, then it is all about them screwing you.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I've been a State Farm policy holder since 1975. They've always paid off like a slot machine whether it was my fault, the fault of the weather, or the fault of someone else. They've put two roofs on this house in the last 6 years due to wind and hail damage, and didn't blink. All my vehicles are with them, and in the 4 or 5 claims we've had, they have never balked.

I don't know of State Farm is even in the business insurance business. I've never needed business insurance yet.
    I just talked to them about a claim, and your right they will pay with no problem. The only problem is so do you when, not if your rates go up for the claim.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I had them for 2 vehicles and my motorcycle, had two claims for my car...one being a deer and the other someone else with state farm hitting me.....no problem whatsoever with them.

Had another claim for my bike, no problem with getting them to pay me for the full value of the bike plus 50% for all the aftermarket stuff on it (which was a lot) then they sold it back to me dirt cheap and I put everything back to better than new condition for a steal of a price.

However I dumped them for both my vehicles because my long time agent turned out to be a douche and a liar.

I then switched my motorcycle policy to another state farm agent to take away any residules he got on the remaining policy. The vehicles were switched over to USAA.

Top Bottom