• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The Remington 700 Police is one of the best values for a super-accurate .308 that you will find.The 700 Police rifles come from the same division of Rementon that puts out the M24 for the Army and base components for the Marine's M40, and they can be had brand new for under $800.

My 700 Police:
    700pss20xsmall.jpg

Best groups so far:

prematch3shot0122moa.jpg

prematch3shot0124moa.jpg

best5shot0182moa.jpg

6hostages.jpg

Good luck in you search...

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    What are you looking to do with it? If you just want something to shoot and go boom, you can't go wrong with a Mosin, cheap to buy, cheap ammo to shoot as well. You can probably be out the door with a gun and 440rnds of ammo at the 1500 for under $250.

But if you want it for more than just knocking down x's at 100yrds, I have always like the Rem 700.

Where can you find the Mosin rifles? I seem to always see them in some off the wall caliber but then again I'm not real rifle knowledgeable. :dunno:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    The Remington 700 Police is one of the best values for a super-accurate .308 that you will find.The 700 Police rifles come from the same division of Rementon that puts out the M24 for the Army and base components for the Marine's M40, and they can be had brand new for under $800.

My 700 Police:
    700pss20xsmall.jpg

Best groups so far:

prematch3shot0122moa.jpg

prematch3shot0124moa.jpg

best5shot0182moa.jpg

6hostages.jpg

Good luck in you search...

This right here is why I love the Rem-700, I will buy some re-loading dies soon and want to pick your brain on some loads.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I have a Springfield M1A. I really like it. The FALs are nice as well. I have been eyeing those LMT ARs in .308. But they are even pricier. Someone had a DPMS on sale, not sure if it is still listed or not.

I picked up a LMT MWS 308 with a 16" barrel a couple of months ago. Very happy with quality and performance so far. I have not put a ton of rounds through it, about 100 or so.

It was not cheap, but worth the money for a top shelf AR.

Mark

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Growing up we had an R1A1 FAL in every corner of the house. Luckily we were too poor to afford more than 4 corners because we were too poor to afford more than 4 FALs.

I keep one around for sentimental purposes but they don't really offer anything over the AR10 platform. They can maybe live a rougher life with no care but that's about it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Price

I will be listing my savage .308 w/ SSS trigger, and bolt handle for sale after the first of the year. Wife and I are going to start trying for kids and her .308 is one of the toys that we are selling to try and raise some money for the expected expenses.

Price, IGW? Somebody might just want to jump on this. Is this the one you had at Vette's last April?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    You can hunt Alaska a variety of ways, but my experience with Savage rifles while living there is that they don't hold up well against the variety of environmental conditions often encountered.

Their triggers and bolts are not as Alaska proof as I like.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, I question your previous comment on the FAL's, you had one in every corner and keep one around for sentimental reasons, but seem to not give them he nod over AR platform .308's even with the price difference. I would like to here your reasons to preference vs. reference one over the other!?

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Also, I feel it very hard if not impossible to compare/speak of semi auto and bolt actions in the same breath with the same levels of expectations. Lets be far and objective and apples to apples.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm hopeing to get an Ishapore 2a1, it's .308 and surplus for around $250-300 hold 10 rounds

I have one of those Ishi's in the jungle carbine model. I actually managed to finagle a scope mount onto it; we'll have to see how well it holds zero cos it's kind of a kludge. The short one kicks, I tell ya, but that bolt, it's so sweet! Left handed, I can unload it into a decent group in about 15-16 seconds from the iron sights. 7.62x51, though, so avoid .308.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I prefer AR10 ergos to FAL. They also offer more sensible optics mounting options, and their aftermarket options are relatively many. If accuracy is a concern, I've been able to wring more out of AR10 platform rifles than FAL, though the difference was not much.

Top Bottom