• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    I was just wondering if anyone has or still does deer hunt with the .35rem my father in law just offered to let me use his 16" contender to deer hunt with this year and i took a few shots with it today and WOW . all i can say is it was alot of fun to shoot..just wondering if ammo is still available and if theirs anything i should look out for as far as using this firearm?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you handload I would use 180gr Hornady Interlock "SSP" bullets (single shot pistol) -- they were designed for the Contender. Or second choice, the Hornady 200gr FTX (the ones used in "LeveRevolution" ammo). Hornady designed the .35 caliber FTX bullet to work between 1600-2000fps. Not as low as the SSP, but still doable. If you don't handload probably anything would work. I would buy the LeveRevolution ammo or 200gr Remington round nose soft point "Core-Lokt" bullet, if you can find it. The 150gr would probably work just as well.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've got a Marlin .35 rem and still hunt deer with it (Not in IN, of course). Ammo is available, and its a heck of a shooter. I call my 35 my neck shootin gun.
    picture.php

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I too reload & use the 180gr SSP in my 15" Encore. It shoots very well. I haven't been able to connect on deer when I've had it out.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I have one myself,haven't hunted with it for a while but when i do 180gr. reloads hornady s.s.p 180 and barnes x 180s it's a shooter!You do need to shoot some targets with it to get use to the recoil and blast,it's a hand cannon!And make sure you use ear protection at all times!I fired it in the woods one time without any and it will ring your ears:wow::wow: It's a fun gun to shoot.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    My father hunts deer with a 35remington out of a remington xp-100 pistol. It's a nice shooting gun with the action back over your hand. the 14" barrel is pretty nice too!

Top Bottom