• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I love the .357 magnum. Bought my better half a 2 in 7 shot Taurus at Beech Grove Firearms the day after Christmas. The went to range to try it out and at 7 & 10 yards she was putting unbelievable groups on her Zombie Target in less that 100 rounds, the RO's were impressed with her marksmanship with and New out of the box Gun. Se loves shooting my semi=autos but has always had difficulty working the slide. Seems to be a matter of grip strength. So a wheel gun is the way to go for her. And yes standing behind her and watching her shoot .357 was awesome! I was unprepared for the fireball and resulting concussion, but boy was it ever fun! Even the .38 specials were pretty awesome! So she's a wheel gunner for life now!

vibrationeng

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    S. Indiana
    you don't want to shoot too many .357 rounds out of a 19, or the 66 (stainless steel model).....it will stretch the frame too much. :)

I had heard the the hot 125 gr loads were hardest on the K frames. Split forcing cones. I shoot mainly mid-level cast loads out of mine. Save the hot stuff for the rifles but I do want to try some 158 or 180 gr JHPs out of it. Just not many. If you want to run it hard buy a N-frame.

Phil

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    The first time i ever shot a revolver it was a .44 magnum. I still remember the big smile that covered my face, my cousin had to tell me to put it down Because i had shot all the ammo. HAHA! Few months ago my grand father recently Gifted me his S&W 19-3 .357, and I LOVE this gun! Its my vehicle companion, snub nose (2.5 im barrel):ar15:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Just picked up an old S&W 686 (no dash) yesterday and can't wait to go play with it.
    My wife has an SP101 .357 2.25" and a Rhino 40DS. Her mom has a SW .38 revolver and I loved the trigger on it so much I wanted one for myself.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    tn_2-tfb.jpg

5336323161_519927c8ac_z.jpg

my favorite combo.

GOOD GOD! Thats absolutely GEORGOUS! :rockwoot:

Dark Knight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm a huge fan of revolvers, especially the .357 caliber, it's my favorite round to shoot. I debated on carrying a model 66 for a good while, but alas I traded that idea in for the "more" rounds option of a semi-auto. Fantastic round and gun though....everyone should own a couple.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have a Colt Trooper in 357 Mag that don't get shot much. I have three 44 Mags that I shoot more than I do my Glocks. The one I like the best is a 4" Smith 629. Number two would be the Ruger Red Hawk that I got from Dad when he died and last but not least is the 629 Classic with an 8 3/8" barrel. It is the easiest to shoot but a pain to carry. I got a shoulder rig and that makes it a little easer, but still it is a big gun. The 4" is carried the most when I am out in the woods. I can shoot a 5" group with it at 100 yards.

Top Bottom