• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    do you think 357 sig will ever catch on enough to come down in price and be more readily available? Is it stuck in the fading category with 45 gap? I really like the idea of it and would like to get more into it but im afraid of getting invested (firearm purchase) and then being stuck paying a lot for ammo (not a reloader)
    any thoughts

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Its far from fading like the GAP in terms of adoption. Secret Service, Air Marshals, and its also the 2nd most popular cartridge behind the 40 with the various state police agencies. It's got enough institutional buyers at this point that it'll survive, unlike the GAP.

If you like the cartridge, it pays to reload. 357 Sig is cheaper to reload than any other pistol cartridge except 9mm.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have one gun in 357 sig. I agree ammo is a bit pricey. I don't think it is fading like the 45 GAP though. At least walmart carries it, but yea I reload otherwise I would not shoot it very often. Will it catch on more? Hard to say, it is an awesome little round, very accurate and fun to shoot. I liken it to the 10mm's little brother.
    Like the 10mm I don't think ammo pricing for it will drop anytime soon.
    More practical maybe as a carry gun that doesn't make many joy rides to the range just for plinking.

Sullivan_pbr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romney
    I love my 357 sig. I'm hoping to be reloading for it pretty soon. Factory ammo is pretty costly. Luckily I picked up quite a bit cheap from someone getting out of the caliber. I don't think the round is going anywhere any time soon.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    do you think 357 sig will ever catch on enough to come down in price and be more readily available?

I'm not looking for it to ever come down in price, regardless if it becomes more popular or not.

It's a great round and I have owned several guns the last 10 years that shoot it. Currently, my EDC is a G32.

If you don't think reloading is in your future, I would probably forget this idea. Not only does reloading make if a affordable cartridge to shoot, there just aren't many options out there for it. Also, if you want what the caliber is capable of, you need to load it yourself.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Another bump for the 357sig. Seen it priced around 45acp ammo before, reloading either of them is considerably less. Winchester white box HP's was fair factory ammo but found 7.0 gr of Unique behind a 124gr Precision Delta HP is great. The only bad thing about reloading for a 357sig is it's so powerful that the brass really goes flying and can be tricky to find at times.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    If you do not reload 357 Sig, then you need to order it in bulk.

Correct

The only way a caliber gets popular, is influence from manufacturers making weapons.

What is really upside down is the price of 45 Colt. It seems to be popular, there is more options available, and it's really high.

Sorry for thread jacking. Had to make a point.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I love the .357 Sig. Some of my fiercest reloading battles have been with this caliber... but ballistically, it's amazing. More credence needs to be lent to the .357 Sig and the 10mm. Best two 'off the main road' calibers as far as I'm concerned.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I love the .357 Sig. Some of my fiercest reloading battles have been with this caliber... but ballistically, it's amazing. More credence needs to be lent to the .357 Sig and the 10mm. Best two 'off the main road' calibers as far as I'm concerned.

What your favorite load? So far mine is 7.0gr Unique with 124gr Precision Delta HP. The sound of that round is just awesome.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    do you think 357 sig will ever catch on enough to come down in price and be more readily available? Is it stuck in the fading category with 45 gap? I really like the idea of it and would like to get more into it but im afraid of getting invested (firearm purchase) and then being stuck paying a lot for ammo (not a reloader)
    any thoughts

I sell ammo at a lot of the northern gunshows and i always have cases of sig with me. its not a top seller but sells well enough that it wont be going anywhere soon. It sells for $18.00

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious about the practicality of reloading 357 sig. Since the case is necked, do you need to trim 357 sig brass regularly like you would with rifle brass or is there not a lot of stretching when you fire and resize 357 sig?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'm curious about the practicality of reloading 357 sig. Since the case is necked, do you need to trim 357 sig brass regularly like you would with rifle brass or is there not a lot of stretching when you fire and resize 357 sig?

I have not had to trim mine either but I do have to lube it like rifle brass since I do not have carbide dies because of the bottle neck. So I have to clean it between the sizing and loading operation. So in that sense it is like rifle brass.

But my hand loads are much nicer....or should I say more fun to shoot than the WWB. That much I know :)

Top Bottom