• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have been eyeballing the 357 SIG, but haven't found a decent price on a Beretta 96 slide and then of course the 357 SIG barrel to go in it.... Once I do, it will be one of my calibers...

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The perfect 357 Sig pistol. At least to me :)

DSCN2571.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, Don't drool on the Awesome 1911.... Not that it would effect it in any other way except the finish, but....

That's a idea... Could probably convert one of my 1911's to 357 SIG cheaper than finding a Beretta 96 top half.... hhhmmmmm

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Aszerigan and AllenM, I've been thinking a while about experimenting with 357 sig but I thought I would be spending a bunch of time just trimming cases (which would really mess up the rhythm of my turret press) but if lubing is the only liability, that's simple enough.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Thanks Aszerigan and AllenM, I've been thinking a while about experimenting with 357 sig but I thought I would be spending a bunch of time just trimming cases (which would really mess up the rhythm of my turret press) but if lubing is the only liability, that's simple enough.

Dillon makes a carbide size die for the 357Sig. Well worth it, in my experience.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Ya, Don't drool on the Awesome 1911.... Not that it would effect it in any other way except the finish, but....

That's a idea... Could probably convert one of my 1911's to 357 SIG cheaper than finding a Beretta 96 top half.... hhhmmmmm

You can only convert a 10mm or .40 cal slide to 357 sig

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    While we are on the subject of the .357 Sig, does anyone know where to find a RELIABLE stick mag to build an AR in .357 Sig...

I think it would be a nice little package coming out of a 11.5" barrel...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    While we are on the subject of the .357 Sig, does anyone know where to find a RELIABLE stick mag to build an AR in .357 Sig...

I think it would be a nice little package coming out of a 11.5" barrel...

Now THAT would be :drool:worthy, along with AllenM's 1911. :yesway::yesway:

125s running at 1600-1700 FPS should be doable with that.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    AllenM, At the prices I've been finding 96 slides for, it would probably be less expensive to buy a 40 cal slide and 357 sig barrel for the 1911 than the 96 top half...

Jeremy, I like the way you think...

Been looking around for a way to top a AR with a upper in 35 Remington also... Let me know if you find a SIG upper and mag conversion...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Been looking around for a way to top a AR with a upper in 35 Remington also... Let me know if you find a SIG upper and mag conversion...
    I have found it, however they have temporarily stopped making them do to not having a reliable magazine out there for them... :(

DI upper is the icing on the cake for me...
    Dedicated Grease Gun mag lower, made right here in Indiana too...

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    AllenM, At the prices I've been finding 96 slides for, it would probably be less expensive to buy a 40 cal slide and 357 sig barrel for the 1911 than the 96 top half...

Jeremy, I like the way you think...

Just buy a matching slide and barrel from Fusion Firearms

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jeremy, OK cough it up who's making the 35 remington AR uppers... I can put a friend on the magazine problem if I got the upper already...

AllenM, Ya, Fusion is who I was thinking of too.... Although my Caspian will probably complain about another brand being on top of her....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy, OK cough it up who's making the 35 remington AR uppers... I can put a friend on the magazine problem if I got the upper already...

AllenM, Ya, Fusion is who I was thinking of too.... Although my Caspian will probably complain about another brand being on top of her....

Haven't found a .35 Remmy upper yet. I was talking of the .357 Sig Uppers. Let me dig around for a while though and see what I can on that subject...

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I like 8.8gns of HS-6 under a 125gn Gold Dot. Hot... but it's supposed to be.

Isn't that Gold Dot a great bullet ? It's sure constructed for the velocities... My light load is 10 grs of Blue Dot and have ran them up to just under 11 grs thru a G35 with a aftermarket barrel. Shooting into a dirt backstop and recovering the bullets, I have yet to see that bullet come apart.

I have also never needed to trim. Your case lengths do have to be somewhat close though if your crimp die puts downward pressure on the case mouth because if too much pressure is applied, your shoulder will buckel just enough it could prevent the round from fully chambering. A great fix I found for this is the Lee FCD that uses a collet type crimer that applies pressure from the side, allowing for more variance in case lengths.

Also, if you have a sizer for .40 S&W, run it thru that first then you can get away without lube running it thru the .357 die. An extra step, but would eliminate using lube.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Who's got the sig uppers ? Could probally just make a magwell block to run beretta 96 or 1911A1, or Glock mags then.... or am I under thinking it....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom