• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Hope I'm not violating any forum rules (i'm in no way affiliated with menards) but thought I'd share the deal I saw at Menards.

Fire rated at 1200 for 45 minutes, on sale for 599-100 $ rebate- 60 $ rebate, brings it down to about 430 $.

0 percent for 6 months if you're waiting on tthat tax refund still.

Apparently these were orinally a black Friday door buster that went bust, made by stack on.

Thanks to 762minigun for mentioning it in the lock up your f'n guns thread! :rockwoot:

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    11 percent rebate equates to 66 $

100 $ rebate was in addition to it

I went there thinking 599 $ was good, and when they told me both rebates applied I thought I was stealing it.

I'm posting via phone on the couch, not in the mood to snap photos of the rebates and upload from the desktop, but you can take my word for it or call them ;)

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Not as heavy as anticipated, but then again my brother in law is a beast. The two of us were able to slide it out of the suv and dolly it in to place relatively easily.

As a tip take a leatherman (always) or a small wrench with to take the feet off and it'll squeeze into a typical suv with the seats down and let the hatch close.

Last edited:

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    The safes in the Elkhart store was a Cannon I believe. I was in the Big R they have some pretty honkin safes as well at relatively decent prices.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Hope I'm not violating any forum rules (i'm in no way affiliated with menards) but thought I'd share the deal I saw at Menards.

Fire rated at 1200 for 45 minutes, on sale for 599-100 $ rebate- 60 $ rebate, brings it down to about 430 $.

0 percent for 6 months if you're waiting on tthat tax refund still.

Apparently these were orinally a black Friday door buster that went bust, made by stack on.

Thanks to 762minigun for mentioning it in the lock up your f'n guns thread! :rockwoot:

Some of the mangers are really wanting to get rid of those safes. You may want to try talking them down. Worst they'll say is no.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    FYI -- double check all rebate rules and guidelines - I know one place has rebates that only work in their store (like a gift card). I thought it was Menards, but can't be sure. It ensures they will get their money and probably more from you. Sort of like the buck savings CVS uses to draw you back in. Nothing wrong if the price is right and you are going to shop at the store again.

Also, I was in Home Depot and they had a sign pushing the hundreds of safes they have online. Definitely look around.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Yeah it's a store credit rebate. It's menards, buy something cool with it.

I've been watching ads for a year ( had the first baby recently).

This deal can't be beat, in fact it should be featured on that extreme couponing show. Second fact, red wine puts me in condition butterscotch, ya'll need to stop analyzing this and either say thanks or be quiet and let me enjoy the comfy couch.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    FYI -- double check all rebate rules and guidelines - I know one place has rebates that only work in their store (like a gift card). I thought it was Menards, but can't be sure. It ensures they will get their money and probably more from you. Sort of like the buck savings CVS uses to draw you back in. Nothing wrong if the price is right and you are going to shop at the store again.

Also, I was in Home Depot and they had a sign pushing the hundreds of safes they have online. Definitely look around.
    Yes, Menards is a credit rebate, but you can use this rebate on anything. You could go in and buy $160 worth of "free after rebate" items and just keep rolling the rebates over and eventually breaking even and getting free stuff. You're still out the initial $160, but at least you have random tools and items you can use/resell now.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This looks interesting for a temp safe, might have to look into them.

Anyone know if you can replace the electric lock with a manual on this safe? Call me paranoid, I guess, but during TEOTWAWKI I'd rather have a manual. You know, safe against EMPs and the like....lol

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just picked one up today. Its a pretty nice safe for sub $500. Just loaded it up with my guns as well as some personal documents for the family. Was a ***** to get in the basement (only my dad and me), but we did it.

Makes the wife happy, been nagging me to get a stack on "cabinet" but I didn't one to go that cheap. This is about as low as I wanted to go with fire rating and what have you. Might become the back up one day.....one day.....

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Man, I would go pick one up tomorrow for the money, but I have prior plans with the kids all day. Looks like tomorrow is the last day of 11% off as well.

Top Bottom