• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    i bought a smith and wesson s&w .380 and @ 10yrds couldn't hit nothing.i thought it was me but i let my friends and my father inlaw shoot it and they couldn't hit any thing ethier..i took it to the gun smith to look @ it and he said it was in good workin order. think i might sell it and buy a LCP.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    One that they didnt mention was the new Diamondback 380. I have one of these along with a LCP with a CT laser. I have to say that the DB380's fit & finish are much better and it doesent hurt my hand after shooting 50 rounds like the LCP does. Plus it is just as accurate as my LCP with a laser.
    Made down in Fla. down the street from Kel Tec and they are working on a compact 9. When you break it down the inside is very GLOCK like.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I got a Taurus TCP last week, and finally had a chance to shoot it yesterday.

What a nice shooting gun, I put 62 rounds through it without a hint of discomfort from recoil, and I could have put another 62 through if I would have had them.

I shot hollow points, and FMJ the only problem I had was a FTE with a FMJ round, at that point the gun was getting pretty dirty. I usually shoot 9mm from a local reloader, and it always shoots very clean, but the two boxes of .380 I bought from him shot extremely dirty he must use a different powder for .380's.

Anyways so far I'm very impressed with the gun, I'm a terrible handgun shooter, but once I figured the trigger out I was able to put all six shots on an 8"x12" piece of card board at ten yards rapid fire.

Now all I need to do is find a good pocket holster there aren't any TCP holsters out yet, I guess I'll have to take a chance on an LCP holster, and hope it fits.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was disappointed with the article in that they did not mention the Bersa 380CC. I would have liked to see how it stacked up against the others. It's smaller than the Walther PK380 and lighter than some that they tested, so it would have fit with the tested group, especially since it's one of the most popular around. It would have been nice to see a mention of the Db380 too. Other than that, it was a good read.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    We have been getting some of the DB380's in at the shop lately and they have had a great reception so far.
    I have actually taken one home myself to try out.
    I am hoping to get out this coming weekend weather and time permitting.

Some images of the one I picked up for myself.

033.jpg

037.jpg

035.jpg

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    We have been getting some of the DB380's in at the shop lately and they have had a great reception so far.
    I have actually taken one home myself to try out.
    I am hoping to get out this coming weekend weather and time permitting.

Some images of the one I picked up for myself.

033.jpg

037.jpg

035.jpg

Is there any way you could get a picture of the DB380 next to a LCP or 642 for comparison? If not, maybe next to something common to judge size, maybe a dollar bill?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I fired one of those tiny Ruger mouse guns back in December... had 2 fingers hanging off the thing, and just hated it... as small as I'll go is my Bersa .380 which I actually carry most of the time with my Makarov as my backup (so basically another .380, it's chambered in the Makarov 9, don't see a need for one of those silly conversion kits, it is after all a backup and likely soon to be replaced with a snub nose)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I got a Taurus TCP last week, and finally had a chance to shoot it yesterday.

What a nice shooting gun, I put 62 rounds through it without a hint of discomfort from recoil, and I could have put another 62 through if I would have had them.

I shot hollow points, and FMJ the only problem I had was a FTE with a FMJ round, at that point the gun was getting pretty dirty. I usually shoot 9mm from a local reloader, and it always shoots very clean, but the two boxes of .380 I bought from him shot extremely dirty he must use a different powder for .380's.

Anyways so far I'm very impressed with the gun, I'm a terrible handgun shooter, but once I figured the trigger out I was able to put all six shots on an 8"x12" piece of card board at ten yards rapid fire.

Now all I need to do is find a good pocket holster there aren't any TCP holsters out yet, I guess I'll have to take a chance on an LCP holster, and hope it fits.

Here are a few pictures of my new TCP.

011.jpg

012.jpg

Here are a few shots with my other Tauruses

002.jpg

007.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a P3AT, throw in the pocket, and a Bersa 380CC, throw in the computer case. Great guns both of them and concealable when I can't take a 45.

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I bought a P3AT a few months ago. Several rounds later and still not the first problem. It ate silvertips and Hornady 90gr FTX very well. I don't leave home without it.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I've shot the LCP a few times and it's a fine little gun but I recently bought a P3at and I think it's a fine gun too.
    I'm sure there can be problems with any gun type and like most posters have said in the past, make sure you know your gun and trust it before carrying it for protection.
    I have not shot the new 738 taurus but i have handled it and it seems like a nice piece. The only odd thing about it is, the front is angled (to give it a cool/different look?) and the bottom of the light weight barrel is not protected from damage. just my 2 cents but all of these little guns have very light weight barrels. Maybe I'm just worried I'll drop it or set on something and bend it with my danty 265 lbs :):

Here's my P3at and it shot 16 of my 18 shots in about 4" at 10yrds off hand freezing my but off in the snow (don't laugh at me to hard, I pulled the 2 lower shots playing with the trigger pull :D)
    P3atHolsters.gif

P3at.gif

Top Bottom