• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Yes up on the far NE side... I am up on east 96th st. near Fall Creek Road...they virtually flew right over my house. I ran outside when I heard them coming. Neighbor was out there looking at them too.
    Its warm out,not too unusual to see the military out practicing manuvers. I work construction so maybe I am outdoors more than most.I see flares being shot off all the time. And the National Guard uses choppers all the time looking for large quantites of pot plants.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Its warm out,not too unusual to see the military out practicing manuvers. I work construction so maybe I am outdoors more than most.I see flares being shot off all the time. And the National Guard uses choppers all the time looking for large quantites of pot plants.

The Guard is using OH-58A Kiowa's (Bell Jet Ranger) to look for pot; not Blackhawks. I suspect what was seen was a military movement, either a ferry flight to a departure port or a unit traveling to another post for military maneuvers.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have heard that there was some sort of significant explosion in that area. The rumor is some kind of accident happened at a Nuclear power plant including a small radiation release and there may be a coverup underway.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    as i've stated many times in this thread i have no clue about this story, it was just interesting is all and i thought i would share. but here are a couple of observations if you will.

1. yes it would be very hard to cover up a story like this, but impossible? the story is out technically if since were talking about it. and something could have happened on a smaller scale and been covered up. the article could be right and the number wrong. again not saying it is but there are alternatives here.

2. i find it foolish to think that our military would never carry out orders and do ugly things here in the US. a few might refuse but the majority are going to go a long with the crowd and follow orders and do what their told. history is full of examples of armies doing bad stuff, and just following orders. i think our people are great but seriously i think people should examine history before they throw out scenarios of mass rebellion out in regards to the military. we would all like to think that our people would make the right choice but they already make the wrong choice and go to far away lands and get in the middle of things that just arent our business and is of no threat to us.

jake

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    as i've stated many times in this thread i have no clue about this story, it was just interesting is all and i thought i would share. jake

So what you're saying is , you can personally vouch for the credibility of the article cause you witnessed the event take place and knew you needed to share with INGO right ? :stickpoke:

tsugaruroman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    What a pile of crap! Also, Japan attacked France with nuclear weapon, Canada took over Alaska, arctic ice has melted, and Papua New Guinea sent a man to Mars. Plus, there is nothing in Russian new about it, and we (Russians) curtainly did not write this crap.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    60+ posts for a thread that most (albeit not all :rolleyes:) of us agree is BS. We've out done ourselves. :rockwoot:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Hold on! Don't call it BS just yet.

My cousin lives up in that area, is alot like me ( annoying) and is not returning his calls or emails. His facebook has not been updated for days and neither has his wife or his kids updated facebook.......................

I

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    So what you're saying is , you can personally vouch for the credibility of the article cause you witnessed the event take place and knew you needed to share with INGO right ? :stickpoke:

This as close to reality as many of the threads here on INGO but much more important

Jake

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You sure about that ?

At one time Huey's were used here , why not Blackhawks ?

A commercial Jet Ranger costs about $500-$1000/hr to fly. The Guard's antiquated JetRangers cost more to operate. The Huey costs about $2000/hr to fly and the Blackhawk costs about $4000/hr to fly. They're too expensive to use the way we used to use Hueys for that mission, and parts money doesn't get reimbursed by counter-drug funds. The JetRangers the Indiana Guard has (there are only two of them, based in Gary) are substitutes for the UH-72 (basically an EC-145) which at one time were scheduled for delivery in 2013, but who knows when they'll get to the state now.

Top Bottom