I want something small and easy to carry, pocket carry or inside waist band

Thanks!!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If it's your only gun, I would lean towards 9mm. However, it's best that you handle/shoot as many as you can. Whichever one feels and shoots best for you will be the right gun. Better to have a .380 in your pocket than a 9mm at home in the safe.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What nate said.

Also consider availability of ammo. 9mm is scarce, but can be found...I've hear people are having real trouble finding .380...I haven't looked so I don't know for sure.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    What nate said.

Also consider availability of ammo. 9mm is scarce, but can be found...I've hear people are having real trouble finding .380...I haven't looked so I don't know for sure.
    9 mm is cheaper and easier to find, but I haven't had any trouble acquiring .380. It's just $10 more per 50 round box. I'll vouch for the Sig P238 and the Ruger SR9c too.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    9mm ammo is a bit easier to find these days, and is certainly less expensive. I have not had the opportunity to shoot any of the guns you list except the LCP. I have shot the MK9 Kahr, and if the CM is anywhere close to it, it would be an excellent choice, if it werent for the pocket carry idea. The 380s would probably be a lot easier to pocket. Lots of great sugestions here, best one I have seen is to shoot as many on your radar as you can, and make a choice based on what one performs best for you.

tfouty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    I have a LCP 380 that I generally carry. It's small, light and easy to conceal. I carry it without a holster the majority of the time, easily fits into jacket pockets and cargo style shorts or pants. Downside is its not very accurate at the range, double action (no safety) and fixed sights. I have several 9mm, they are harder to conceal and weigh more. Even my M&P Shield requires a holster. The 9mm is more accurate, has a higher round capacity and is easier to shoot when spending a day at the range. It would be a tough decision if I had to pick between the two. In my opinion they have enough differences that you really can't compare the .380 to a 9mm. I am sure you will be happy with either choice.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a LCP 380 that I generally carry. It's small, light and easy to conceal. I carry it without a holster the majority of the time, easily fits into jacket pockets and cargo style shorts or pants. Downside is its not very accurate at the range, double action (no safety) and fixed sights. I have several 9mm, they are harder to conceal and weigh more. Even my M&P Shield requires a holster. The 9mm is more accurate, has a higher round capacity and is easier to shoot when spending a day at the range. It would be a tough decision if I had to pick between the two. In my opinion they have enough differences that you really can't compare the .380 to a 9mm. I am sure you will be happy with either choice.

:n00b:

You should ALWAYS carry a gun in a holster. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Top Bottom