• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I found a roll of green translucent media I forgot I had. It might be cool to watch the flash as the bolt goes back. I will print one in the next few days and post the results.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've only printed ABS and part of a roll of PETG. ABS is probably too brittle for firearms, I don't even like it in the 10/22 stock. also has issues with shrinkage and warping at receiver (not no mention stock) sizes. My time with PETG was a huge pain to get it to stick to the glass (using hairspray that works fantastic for ABS) but have another surface to print on that was suggested by the Pegasus owner/support guy. It didn't clog in the nozzle but it did catch on something and, being soft, would just strip where the extruder pushes.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Can i purchase an "80%" receiver?

Several companies offer 80% receiver. I am not a manufacture. Iwould need to have a FL-07 and I would have to submit the design to the ATF for approval. Then figure out what to do to manufacture 80% approved receiver.

What part of the state to you live in?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've only printed ABS and part of a roll of PETG. ABS is probably too brittle for firearms, I don't even like it in the 10/22 stock. also has issues with shrinkage and warping at receiver (not no mention stock) sizes. My time with PETG was a huge pain to get it to stick to the glass (using hairspray that works fantastic for ABS) but have another surface to print on that was suggested by the Pegasus owner/support guy. It didn't clog in the nozzle but it did catch on something and, being soft, would just strip where the extruder pushes.

I am eager to try this "though" PLA. So far PLA has been great. I have 4 receivers I have tried. One is about to get retired. It has been apart too many times.

I'd like to work with you on the settings if you want. I am going to try a PETG receiver soon. I have used it a bit for brackets and stuff.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I am eager to try this "though" PLA. So far PLA has been great. I have 4 receivers I have tried. One is about to get retired. It has been apart too many times.

I'd like to work with you on the settings if you want. I am going to try a PETG receiver soon. I have used it a bit for brackets and stuff.

I'd like to have you work with me on it ;). It wasn't sticking to glass+hairspray, bed temp 110 (surface temp lower since the sensor's stuck to the bottom of the heat board), print temp 240ish (from memory). I got a heavy sticker print surface from makerfarm that the owner/support guy suggested but my first time printing on it with ABS with bed temp at 110, I think the ABS melted into it because I tore a hole trying to get the failed print off.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'd like to have you work with me on it ;). It wasn't sticking to glass+hairspray, bed temp 110 (surface temp lower since the sensor's stuck to the bottom of the heat board), print temp 240ish (from memory). I got a heavy sticker print surface from makerfarm that the owner/support guy suggested but my first time printing on it with ABS with bed temp at 110, I think the ABS melted into it because I tore a hole trying to get the failed print off.

I have always used hair spray. Fructis #5 extreme hold. The only time I have issues is when the bed it dirty. Lately I have just been straying over the spray already on my bed. Mine is enclosed.

Something else I have picked up on is nozzle height is important. As well as bed level. I also use Borosilicate glass.

I use a .4mm feeler gauge to adjust the bed height. Preheat your bed and nozzle for 10-15 minutes before adjusting the leveling.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm doing another 10-22. This one is done in transparent. I am hoping it will be pretty cool to see the ignition in side. This is #5. I destroyed one to see how sturdy it was. Another I wore out taking it apart so many times checking it over. no failures from use. These are fun.

I am going to be doing a Charger build soon. I have a barrel I need to shorten and crown.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom