• ...and so much more!
  • el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Been around the site a little and I'm not sure if it's just because you're all old timers but I haven't been seeing any 3D2A love so I thought I'd start a thread, I had a feed ramp break on both my Glock frames so I'm gonna try a new design when I get more PLA+ in, Glock perfection still puts em down range. My sd40ve has 150+ rounds through her with no issues, did the stipple myself so she's a bit ugly but it fits my hand perfectly. Probably update this thread with a pic of the new design whenever I can afford some more pla

Attachments

• PXL_20230524_155044710.jpg
      PXL_20230524_155044710.jpg
      484.8 KB · Views: 50
    • PXL_20230711_044318791.jpg
      PXL_20230711_044318791.jpg
      210.6 KB · Views: 50
    • PXL_20230711_023132232.jpg
      PXL_20230711_023132232.jpg
      240 KB · Views: 44
    • PXL_20230518_145531673.jpg
      PXL_20230518_145531673.jpg
      435.9 KB · Views: 50

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Been around the site a little and I'm not sure if it's just because you're all old timers but I haven't been seeing any 3D2A love so I thought I'd start a thread, I had a feed ramp break on both my Glock frames so I'm gonna try a new design when I get more PLA+ in, Glock perfection still puts em down range. My sd40ve has 150+ rounds through her with no issues, did the stipple myself so she's a bit ugly but it fits my hand perfectly. Probably update this thread with a pic of the new design whenever I can afford some more pla
    Have been posting about 3-D printed guns since 2014.

My group does magazines. Can sell them and buy better filament and printers.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    We have a 3d printing thread, but it doesn't get a whole lot of activity. A few of us on here printing guns, though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Doesn't even interest me.
    Really, not even the cultural/political aspects of it? For me, that's the juice!

Guns have escaped into the Internet like the movie "Lucy". Politics are downstream of culture, 3D guns completely destroyed the existing cultural paradigm. It's over for the antis.

NatGeo has a documentary on the Drug War in which a former DEA agent, discussing crack, said that he knew they would lose the drug war when people started making drugs at home. We are making guns at home, and they cannot stop us even if they wanted to.

Another thing I love about the 3D2A movement is how young they are. During the pandemic The System gave young men time off work and dropped money from helicopters and they bought 3-D printers and improved existing designs or created completely new designs.

Vinh Nguyen, Ivan, PSR, Hoffman, inter alia (I think Control Pew is among the oldest) will be around for decades and have not even gun their most productive decades, designing with increasingly better technology and there is absolutely nothing the government can do. Heck, Ivan designed a gun (along with J. Stark) which is now being used in a civil war in SE Asia. Imagine what is coming with 4D and AI. Star Trek replicators!

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Have been posting about 3-D printed guns since 2014.

My group does magazines. Can sell them and buy better filament and printers.
    Interesting I've never heard of anyone 3d printing mags as a side hustle, you guys just mad with the calipers or printing existing designs?

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Really, not even the cultural/political aspects of it? For me, that's the juice!

Guns have escaped into the Internet like the movie "Lucy". Politics are downstream of culture, 3D guns completely destroyed the existing cultural paradigm. It's over for the antis.

NatGeo has a documentary on the Drug War in which a former DEA agent, discussing crack, said that he knew they would lose the drug war when people started making drugs at home. We are making guns at home, and they cannot stop us even if they wanted to.

Another thing I love about the 3D2A movement is how young they are. During the pandemic The System gave young men time off work and dropped money from helicopters and they bought 3-D printers and improved existing designs or created completely new designs.

Vinh Nguyen, Ivan, PSR, Hoffman, inter alia (I think Control Pew is among the oldest) will be around for decades and have not even gun their most productive decades, designing with increasingly better technology and there is absolutely nothing the government can do. Heck, Ivan designed a gun (along with J. Stark) which is now being used in a civil war in SE Asia. Imagine what is coming with 4D and AI. Star Trek replicators!
    The effects 3d printing had on culture, especially the ease of manufacturing for all kinds of small arms, will without a doubt be taught in some (probably negative:/) way in schools someday.

It's a strange culture that attracts people from all kinds of communities everywhere, and depending on who you talk to it's either full of criminals, militants, hobbyists, or people who regard themselves as all three. I find it very fascinating to not just see the way that the community developes around new technology but how the mainstream media chooses to portray it. 3D printed guns as a topic is more then interesting, it's very much a part of history.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Interesting I've never heard of anyone 3d printing mags as a side hustle, you guys just mad with the calipers or printing existing designs?

Pre-existing AR-15 mags (cannot handle M855A1 EPR) and Glock 17 pistol mags, nothing else.

We are committed to the Henry Ford Didactic, we don't chase rabbits, we don't do special snowflake guns, we don't do a magazine of the day, we do what is most popular and what you should have if you need to have it. I'd like to do a EPM but at this point it would be silly.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's something I will try someday. Modern plastics could work in the place of steel in a lot of old guns and restore ones looking for parts that are otherwise unobtainable,

Top Bottom