• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Currently I have black, white, gray, green, and purple. The white is abs plastic and thr others are pla.

I really need to make a list of colors i have on hand. I found a roll of trans grees and some blue I don;t remember buying. We go threw a lot of gray red and black. I buy a few rolls a month and sometimes they pile up. Then the boy goes on a printing streak. I do sometimes too. there are a lot worse things I could be wasting money on. ;)

I was hoping my new nozzles would be in today. The one on the machine is really worn. I upped extrusion width and it prints ok for the moment. I have probably ran 5-6 rolls threw this nozzle. Maybe more.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Unless one is using fiber or metal infused filament, how does or what causes a nozzle to wear?

Just general use will start to force the opening to embiggen.

Brass is a pretty soft metal. It's bound to happen. However if you move to harden metal you will get more life out of it, but may require you use hotter temps

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I've worn plenty of brass nozzles out when I was printing a lot. I changed to a stainless steel nozzle and although I don't print as much as I used to I have yet to have to change it.

8ZiQc2T.jpg

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    LOL, I just ordered some brown. It will be here mid week. I also got some clear transparent. I am going to see if I can dye it to look like amber.

If Kight Rider or anyone close wants to print these local I will send them the file.

If I end up printing these I will make several spares for you. So they look pretty close?

Larry

Thank you. I'd like to send you something for your time and effort helping me on this. Knight Rider hasnt responded again to the thread so I'm not sure if he works at the place or if he just knew of the place. I'll PM you shortly.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you. I'd like to send you something for your time and effort helping me on this. Knight Rider hasnt responded again to the thread so I'm not sure if he works at the place or if he just knew of the place. I'll PM you shortly.

Don't worry about it. It was a fun little project. It wasn't that hard to design and there is a almost nothing in material. It will be the middle to the end of the week went the media comes in. Hopefully I can mail them to you lat this week or the first of the next. I will post up some pics of your parts while they are printing.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    JJ was the one that opened my eyes to keeping an eye on the nozzle. You can see the difference in the prints.

Plus if you have ever ran your nozzle in to the glass you most likely will damage it. I try to remember how many rolls I have printed and change it every 4-5 rolls. They aren't that hard to change after you do it a few times.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My media came in today. I will print some clear ones first. I want to try dying or staining them. I also want to print another 10-22 receiver while I have clear loaded on the machine. Then I will print some brown ones.

PM me your address and I will ship them to you early next week.

Larry

Top Bottom