• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ten Point coalition needs to be more diverse, outreach programs to the Norwegians and Finns tearing this city apart

Swede Johansen and Gunnar Gunnarson? Gunnar is Icelandic, that's even more diverse!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I still haven't read anything about motives or anything other than there were for young adults shot. This absolutely smells of some kind of drug-deal gone bad. But it also absolutely smells of robbery.

Be careful to not let your own biases (and, dare I say it, bigotry) get in the way of clear and level-headed thinking.

Also note: What LEO knows is not what we know - and may never.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still haven't read anything about motives or anything other than there were for young adults shot. This absolutely smells of some kind of drug-deal gone bad. But it also absolutely smells of robbery.

Be careful to not let your own biases (and, dare I say it, bigotry) get in the way of clear and level-headed thinking.

^^^ You get it.
    I apparently need to "spread it around..."

And more than likely it is related to some illicit trade. Or someone who felt "disrespected." Or just plain old robbery.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok no offense meant to my LEO friends...but, did anyone else think the F.O.P. President's tantrum on the news was anything but childish? I could be way off base here but is it really needed to have the city council create another committee to research violent crimes? I mean shouldn't the police statistics give pretty clear indicators? I venture to bet the vast majority can be traced back to drugs & gangs and probably followed by some form of domestic violence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok no offense meant to my LEO friends...but, did anyone else think the F.O.P. President's tantrum on the news was anything but childish? I could be way off base here but is it really needed to have the city council create another committee to research violent crimes? I mean shouldn't the police statistics give pretty clear indicators? I venture to bet the vast majority can be traced back to drugs & gangs and probably followed by some form of domestic violence.

Violent crimes? As in just violent crimes? Lol, that's dumb as hell. Whoever suggested that is going to be working all the time.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

He doesn’t have many options and it isn’t his responsibility to solve the city’s crime problems. His job is to represent the rank and file and make sure they are being treated and compensated fairly.

His involvement has become commonplace because many want to hold the police accountable for the situation and there isn’t much more they can do.

Plenty of criminals get arrested every day. Plenty of officers do a fine job and put together everything needed to convict and incarcerate the criminals who keep making headlines. No one wants to address the fact that we allow just about anyone out of jail for any excuse they can come up with. There is nothing the police can do at this point to focus the attention where it needs to be other than make proposals such as what Rick has done to try to help other agencies to a better job of handling their responsibilities. It’s frustrating.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out of simple curiosity, when a robbery occurs and the items stolen are illegal drugs, is it robbery or drug crime?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I read an article not that long ago that says they're kind of thinking robbery.

On Hammer and Nigel this PM Abdul Shabazz had similar info from his source. He said dice game (craps or Monopoly with real money?)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He doesn’t have many options and it isn’t his responsibility to solve the city’s crime problems. His job is to represent the rank and file and make sure they are being treated and compensated fairly.

His involvement has become commonplace because many want to hold the police accountable for the situation and there isn’t much more they can do.

Plenty of criminals get arrested every day. Plenty of officers do a fine job and put together everything needed to convict and incarcerate the criminals who keep making headlines. No one wants to address the fact that we allow just about anyone out of jail for any excuse they can come up with. There is nothing the police can do at this point to focus the attention where it needs to be other than make proposals such as what Rick has done to try to help other agencies to a better job of handling their responsibilities. It’s frustrating.

^^^This^^^ LEO are doing their jobs. The failures lie squarely at the feet of the prosecutors and judges.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Even the dude who runs Community Corrections (the people who largely manage people on GPS and Home Detention) has said there are way too many people on his organization's programs and it is not designed for what the courts are churning out. Some Judges do get it, but the prosecutor's office needs to change the general culture of the city county building to where it is not commonplace for people who commit violent felonies to plead down to level 6 felony charges with suspend-able sentences. Even then, I wonder, it is really hard to get witnesses to cooperate...
    Perhaps it will get better only with a more distinct cultural change or maybe some of these homicides should be considered as parts of the problem removing themselves...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just saw on Fox59: the direct number for the lead detective (Miller) in the case was on the screen. I can't say that I've ever seen that before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Out of simple curiosity, when a robbery occurs and the items stolen are illegal drugs, is it robbery or drug crime?

Both. Though, I've never known there to be drugs and not money... at least not in the quantities that would inspire someone to get robbed... and typically, there's a murder involved (or someone seriously injured), because a dope dealer isn't about to call "da PO-lice" after his weigh has been lightened.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Even the dude who runs Community Corrections (the people who largely manage people on GPS and Home Detention) has said there are way too many people on his organization's programs and it is not designed for what the courts are churning out. Some Judges do get it, but the prosecutor's office needs to change the general culture of the city county building to where it is not commonplace for people who commit violent felonies to plead down to level 6 felony charges with suspend-able sentences. Even then, I wonder, it is really hard to get witnesses to cooperate...
    Perhaps it will get better only with a more distinct cultural change or maybe some of these homicides should be considered as parts of the problem removing themselves...
    Snitches get stitches takes on a whole new meaning when the guy you snitched on gets released nearly immediately.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It's not the culture, it's the accommodations. Judges would lock up FAR more people if they could, they just can't.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Blow it out your azz.

Tired of the news and people like you avoiding the obvious.

A smaller group of society causes a disproportionate amount of violence.

So bad the news won't give descriptions anymore, and hasn't for a long while, because it might be stereotypical (heaven forbid, correct).

No, we don't know who shot those young people.

But can guess, with proly 90+ % accuracy.

Just had a murder in Kokomo.

Same thing, like the last two.

Younger folks involved (some juvi).

Look away, play the PC game..........and just let em all kill themselves.

Is that the proper approach?

Hell that seems the most racist.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom