• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    We can build bigger prisons, hire more police, get judges that do the right thing...........

Yeah I understand how crime creates jobs, but filling those jobs...........is only reactive.

The problem grows and jobs grow with it.

I'm not cool with that.

Things will never be perfect. We will always have problems.
    Just bothers me how some think the problem is OK, as long as its "over there".

Running away, turning a blind eye to, or playing PC..........isn't helping.

I'm sure some progressive will condemn me and my view for not having the answer.

Just because I don't know how to fix it doesn't mean the failed attempts they champion are somehow good.

Do think the breakdown of the family to be a major factor.
    Lack of accountability and authority.

The once standard family setup didn't work too bad.

Modifications to it seem to have a much lesser success rate.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Blow it out your azz.

Tired of the news and people like you avoiding the obvious.

A smaller group of society causes a disproportionate amount of violence.

So bad the news won't give descriptions anymore, and hasn't for a long while, because it might be stereotypical (heaven bid, correct).

No, we don't know who shot those young people.

But can guess, with proly 90+ % accuracy.

Just had a murder in Kokomo.

Same thing, like the last two.

Younger folks involved (some juvi).

Look away, play the PC game..........and just let em all kill themselves.

Is that the proper approach?

Hell that seems the most racist.

Well, double down why don't ya. Lol.
    And mind you, Tactically Fat is right about exposing bias. Clearly you have some, or at the very least look at issues through a very small lens.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On Hammer and Nigel this PM Abdul Shabazz had similar info from his source. He said dice game (craps or Monopoly with real money?)

To put a finer point on it, Perp was playing, perp lost. Perp left and came back with a gun to get his money back.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Blow it out your azz.

Tired of the news and people like you avoiding the obvious.

A smaller group of society causes a disproportionate amount of violence.

So bad the news won't give descriptions anymore, and hasn't for a long while, because it might be stereotypical (heaven bid, correct).

No, we don't know who shot those young people.

But can guess, with proly 90+ % accuracy.

Just had a murder in Kokomo.

Same thing, like the last two.

Younger folks involved (some juvi).

Look away, play the PC game..........and just let em all kill themselves.

Is that the proper approach?

Hell that seems the most racist.

I don’t see why you can’t come out and name the “smaller group of society”. You are stating facts, whether or not bias is involved isn’t relevant (to me anyway). The statistics are clear.

Now if we want to talk about why the statistics are the way they are, fine. I’m all for a safer, more productive, and less impoverished society with a resultant reduction in crime.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If the community is not talking, these will keep going. Can't blame them, someone knows someone but yet they live in that area and they fear for their lives if they talk. So yeah. This will continue.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not the culture, it's the accommodations. Judges would lock up FAR more people if they could, they just can't because the prosecutor doesn't prosecute and accepts the plea deals to shuffle them off his desk.

FIFY. Build more jails, or better yet, rehab abandoned buildings (recycling - it's not just your pop cans and plastic water bottles anymore! ;) I'm sure Greta would approve.). Shovel-ready jobs and all that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    south, WAY south
    I used to be considered "south", as in about 5000 south, just south of the edge of the old city limits. Crime has been creeping this way for awhile and it's here (although I still feel pretty safe in my immediate neighborhood). A mile east, in the 31 South/Thompson Rd. area, there are 2 or 3 crackhead/indigent motels that are causing a lot of the problem.

Just a bit north (31/East St. and Hanna), there are some apartment complexes that report gunfire almost nightly. Sad to see this in the area where I grew up.

Edit: I'm talking about Indy. Probably doesn't mean much to non-Indy dwellers! :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    But no farther south than Monroe county! Yeah...below US50 is rough territory...I woudn’t encourage anyone from up north move down here...I mean there. ;)
    When I moved away from “south of 50” was when I found out there are people in this world who don’t own guns.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's not the culture, it's the accommodations. Judges would lock up FAR more people if they could, they just can't.

While I'm sure many prisons are plenty packed, I think the judges could lock more people up if they quit accepting ridiculous plea deals for everything. Slapping hands and handing out probation or house arrest doesn't seem to be working so well

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I used to be considered "south", as in about 5000 south, just south of the edge of the old city limits. Crime has been creeping this way for awhile and it's here (although I still feel pretty safe in my immediate neighborhood). A mile east, in the 31 South/Thompson Rd. area, there are 2 or 3 crackhead/indigent motels that are causing a lot of the problem.

Just a bit north (31/East St. and Hanna), there are some apartment complexes that report gunfire almost nightly. Sad to see this in the area where I grew up.

Edit: I'm talking about Indy. Probably doesn't mean much to non-Indy dwellers! :):

Yea but that taco bell over there by the Travel Inn is great entertainment on Friday nights watching what walks in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea but that taco bell over there by the Travel Inn is great entertainment on Friday nights watching what walks in.

Oh it's not just Friday nights! I knew that the area's fate had been sealed when that Jordan's Fish and Chicken opened up in the little strip mall next to Taco Bell. Seems like those are almost always located in the sketchy neighborhoods.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Oh it's not just Friday nights! I knew that the area's fate had been sealed when that Jordan's Fish and Chicken opened up in the little strip mall next to Taco Bell. Seems like those are almost always located in the sketchy neighborhoods.

I keep wanting to try their chicken...

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I keep wanting to try their chicken...

I was not inpressed. If you want some good fried food from the 'hood you need to locate a Shrimp Hut.

I tried the one off of Crawfordsville Rd. They got my order wrong. It was unreasonably greasy, and I got to wait on it listening to a middle eastern pop track that sounded like a cat being killed on a rack with someone yelling "stoooooooooooooop"! the whole way through.

Top Bottom