• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    A coworker said a lgs told him not to buy a 40 because the ammo is being discontinued. Anyone else heard this? I can't find anything about anywhere.

I see your LGS rumor and raise you an internet rumor: the Army is going to adopt the .40 for its next service pistol.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    No! The real truth is that the retro craze is hitting the US military. Going to be seeing the 45-70 and 30-40 Krag. There is even talk of the .45 acp!

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    Strange that a gun shop would say something like that and lose the money off of ammo and new pistol sales. They must believe it or hate the 40 enough to lose income

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Strange that a gun shop would say something like that and lose the money off of ammo and new pistol sales. They must believe it or hate the 40 enough to lose income

The gun shop probably didn't have any 40's on the shelf so they had to come up with a reason the guy should buy something else. Like the super deadly 9mm.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    You mean like when Fred told me Ruger had discontinued the 101, and that's why he didnt have any, I should just buy a gp100 instead?

I also heard the new governor signed an executive order discontinuing the lifetime carry license and immediately voiding any that had already been issued.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You must be new to guns, if this is your first encounter with an idiot behind the counter at the gun shop.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    .40 is going away, the LTHC is going away and Dan Wesson 1911s are really Rock Island built guns. That's all for now. My next breaking news report will come when we finally get those photos of the Loch Ness monster. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom