• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    Actually been collecting and shooting most of my life but I'm also in business management and would not tolerate an employee that did things that would hurt the company. The guy behind the counter can't be expected to know everything but also shouldn't spread false knowledge.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    .40 is going away, the LTHC is going away and Dan Wesson 1911s are really Rock Island built guns. That's all for now. My next breaking news report will come when we finally get those photos of the Loch Ness monster. Stay tuned.

22 mag is being restricted in the US too. That's why it's been so hard to get the past few years. It's being adopted by the Mexican army and what is being made is going down there for the fight against the Chupacabra

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    .40 is going away, the LTHC is going away and Dan Wesson 1911s are really Rock Island built guns. That's all for now. My next breaking news report will come when we finally get those photos of the Loch Ness monster. Stay tuned.

I told you not to trust Bigfoot to take your film to the lab.

22 mag is being restricted in the US too. That's why it's been so hard to get the past few years. It's being adopted by the Mexican army and what is being made is going down there for the fight against the Chupacabra

Now THAT actually makes sense!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The idea of some yahoo standing around in a gunshop earnestly declaring that ammo manufacturers would actually officially discontinue a handgun cartridge that enjoys widespread popularity probably shouldn't be surprising.
    It reminds me of a conversation that my late great uncle Charlie had over sixty years ago with a guy sitting in a rocking chair outside an old fashioned general store one night.
    My uncle Charlie was a big time amateur astronomy buff, and this was a chilly night that was an unusually clear night, with Jupiter particularly visible.
    Uncle Charlie looked skyward, commenting on how beautiful Jupiter was and wondering aloud if it could possibly have life on it.
    The hick in the rocking chair commented derisively, "Do you believe all that stuff?"
    Uncle Charlie says "Well, it's possible. It is a planet, after all. What do you think it is?"
    The hick just says, "A big ball of far [translation: fire]."
    Some people...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I was just at the gun show. There was no .40 ammo or guns for sale. One guy had a bunch of 9mm and .45 pistols with a big empty space between them on his table.

And, Bigfoot has a lifetime LTCH. I talked to him while we were eating biscuits and gravy at the show. I think he was a he. I didn't see he/it go into a restroom. Probably related to bears and just uses the woods.

Edit: Just saw there's a Yeager video with a title ".40s suck". That's enough for me..........I'm going back to the Glock 23 for my EDC.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Since just about every caliber of ammo ever made can still be gotten or reloaded for.. unless it is a rim fire , then there is not real problem even if some companies stop making factory ammo for it...
    But no .40 cal is not going anywhere..

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    I already let him know to avoid that place based on the line i heard in there when I stopped in looking for reloading supplies. Guess he had to hear it first hand. From what he told me the line is getting better all the time.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    On a serious note, is there any way that we can find out sales data on .40? I'd love to see a graph of .40 S&W pistol sales over time. It WOULD be interesting to see.

Top Bottom