• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Should taxpayers be paying for such projects? Where in the Constitution is the enumerated power for the feds to be building space programs?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Should taxpayers be paying for such projects? Where in the Constitution is the enumerated power for the feds to be building space programs?

I'd suggest you read The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress to see why we need a presence on the moon. That's a great shooting platform. If we can pay billions for jets for the airforce, (jets that don't fly well in clouds or are killed by lightning and are 100% over budget) we can afford to send people to the moon to defend the planet and expand our knowledge base. Hopefully private businesses WILL step up and the government won't be necessary, but that's still a way off. It's a program that would pay for itself and would help pave the way for colonisation of the moon, (an important step in preserving our species).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im all for another mission/settlement. I say we claim it for the U.S. and call it New Australia. I can think of a few people we could send up there. (Forcibly)

if they don't fight it too much, I could be convinced to trade thier cooperation for air, food, and water supplies. LOL

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Colonization of the moon. Sure, I'm looking forward to being taxed for AIR! Bad enough they can turn your water and gas off. Imagine getting your Air Disconnect notice. No Thanks, I'll stay behind and carbon up the air down here a little more.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    In many ways, we're going through another 1960's. Pot legalization. Race issues. Russia being.. Russia. Space exploration and new discoveries.

I 100% support the exploration of space and wholeheartedly wish NASA received more support. I'd like to think that America can be #1 at something more than being the world's biggest bully and being fat. Being #1 at space exploration would be significant and give us a great edge over others.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Colonization of the moon. Sure, I'm looking forward to being taxed for AIR! Bad enough they can turn your water and gas off. Imagine getting your Air Disconnect notice. No Thanks, I'll stay behind and carbon up the air down here a little more.

I think we should put this to a vote. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    In many ways, we're going through another 1960's. Pot legalization. Race issues. Russia being.. Russia. Space exploration and new discoveries.

I 100% support the exploration of space and wholeheartedly wish NASA received more support. I'd like to think that America can be #1 at something more than being the world's biggest bully and being fat. Being #1 at space exploration would be significant and give us a great edge over others.

People also tend to forget that the space program is the only thing the government has ever done that has actually paid for itself. Everything from computers, medicine, sensors, velcro to digital clocks and more we owe to the space program. I'm not totally against anything that actually pays for itself and gives a return on investment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People also tend to forget that the space program is the only thing the government has ever done that has actually paid for itself. Everything from computers, medicine, sensors, velcro to digital clocks and more we owe to the space program. I'm not totally against anything that actually pays for itself and gives a return on investment.

Wait, I thought velcro was invented by a guy after seeing how burrs stuck to his hunting dog's fur?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, velcro WAS invented back in the late 40's, but didn't really get any great use till NASA started using it in the space program. They were velcro's booster.
    Makes sense. As you said, many of the things we have and use today were a direct byproduct of the space program. Kinda like trickle-down technology.

Top Bottom