• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That is one sweet looking rifle! I've kicked around building a .45 SBR for quite some time, your thread may be the nudge I needed.

Rudy at Macon Armory would be glad to hear from you
    He is a great guy to deal with

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Only because I don't know: Why DI & not blowback? They've improved their website I see.

Before I bought this kit I did quite a bit of reading and the blow back system generates more recoil then expected. This DI has almost zero recoil. Well not zero but very minimal.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I can bring my TiRant 45M over this morning, you wanna try it?

It's gonna need a fixed barrel spacer, I have a piece of 316 seamless tubing, it won't take you more than 5 minutes to whip it out on the lathe.

.578 thread.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Before I bought this kit I did quite a bit of reading and the blow back system generates more recoil then expected. This DI has almost zero recoil. Well not zero but very minimal.

So, looks like my plan to spend no more than $100 a month in 2017 is a lie already! Wonder how long before I give in & order the Upper kit?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I can bring my TiRant 45M over this morning, you wanna try it?

It's gonna need a fixed barrel spacer, I have a piece of 316 seamless tubing, it won't take you more than 5 minutes to whip it out on the lathe.

.578 thread.

You can bring it by but barrel is threaded .625x24

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    bummer. that major is too big for most of the pistons, not much wall thickness left for strength.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I really like the color dang it.
    I do too. Paint the barrel and upper one of the coppers I have picked out and that will do fine for mine.
    Can't wait to send it to you so I can see how mine will look.

You have the coolest stuff Allen, the integrally suppressed 10/22, and this one top the list IMO.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

question.....i wonder in the recoil in the DI model would be enough to run a Slide-Fire?.....or would the blow back be better?.......i have 22lr upper running with the Slide-Fire.....

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Started out as an early Christmas present to myself, gun was built but I am still waiting on a red dot and better irons that will be here Friday. I bought a Macon Armory 45 DI kit and built it on an INGO lower.
    It is Cerakoted in Gunmetal Gray.

This is a blast to shoot, I will get a video up once I get my optics

Wowza! I don't want to add any more rifle calibers, and 45 ACP is already a favorite caliber and reload in this house...hmmm. That is one fine-looking rifle.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    question.....i wonder in the recoil in the DI model would be enough to run a Slide-Fire?.....or would the blow back be better?.......i have 22lr upper running with the Slide-Fire.....

It has more recoil then a 22, It is just very easy to control the front sight for follow up shots. I think it would work

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Wowza! I don't want to add any more rifle calibers, and 45 ACP is already a favorite caliber and reload in this house...hmmm. That is one fine-looking rifle.

Thanks, that was my logic to. I wanted something different without adding another caliber.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    That looks great! Interesting to hear about the gas operated having less recoil. Is it ok to shoot cast Bullets in? If the lube would gunk it up, maybe powder coated lead would be an option. I've shot a good bit of lined cast in my .300 blk, but it's higher pressure and probably blows the gunk out better. I have changed over to all Missouri Bullet Co. coated in the heavy subsonics, though.

Top Bottom