• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    You can buy dedicated 45 lowers that take different mags. I forget the brands and there are other uppers out there.
    I wanted to use my INGO lower and I did not see many other magwell adapters out there so that was the main reason I choose to use this brand and then after dealing with Rudy I was very happy with how he took care of the transaction.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am going to put it through its paces Monday and wil report back.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I made a couple videos. Not to great and they don't really give you much but that it runs. Since these I have added a reduced paower recoil spring and I have a SA bolt carrier on the way to repalce the FA one that came in it. I don't know how that will effect cycling rate or reliablity and I am comparing it to my 7.5 "9mm SBR as far as cycle rate so that is probably not fair or obtainable.

3rd video is 100 meters I didn't great but cant say I blame it on the gun. first 2 vids I am just shooting orange chips on the ground and seeing if I can stay on target for second follow up shot. There is not much muzzle rise but it pushes left each shot....Custom Brake needed? hmm

1 down side is the gun fouls quickly 250 - 300 rounds and it needs cleaned to contiue to function. The bolt goops up in the carrier. That may increase as it gets broken in

[video=youtube;AWuqGwOm_-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWuqGwOm_-4[/video]

[video=youtube;PNHR1rLV9vc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHR1rLV9vc[/video]

[video=youtube;XTZFPEwmdkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTZFPEwmdkg[/video]

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It's a shame they didn't use grease gun mags, not that they are super cheap...
    they were at onetime, prolly have a few or more around here somewhere too.

I really like this one Allen, nice work. i could see it pushing left on ya, maybe the torque of such a big pill? :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    they were at onetime, prolly have a few or more around here somewhere too.

I really like this one Allen, nice work. i could see it pushing left on ya, maybe the torque of such a big pill? :)

I am liking it more the more I shoot it, the lighter recoil spring seemed to help and 45.00 a mag doesnt really bother me. I have guns with more expensive mags

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I changed the bolt carrier to a Fail Zero nickle boron SA Carrier and tested with both standard and reduced power buffer spring. The fail zero carrier cycles smoother and after 1 range trip it doen't appear to be fouled as bad as I was getting before.
    The slppery SA carrier with the standard buffer spring seems to give me want, best range trip so far.

Further testing is manditory :)

Mad Machinist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Macon
    I can bring my TiRant 45M over this morning, you wanna try it?

It's gonna need a fixed barrel spacer, I have a piece of 316 seamless tubing, it won't take you more than 5 minutes to whip it out on the lathe.

.578 thread.

Allen Give me a call.....I have a fixed piston adapter made form 17-4 PH stainless.......in 5/8 x 24 to mate to our barrels....Funny thing is ...AAC thought it was a good idea FINALLY after we sold a couple of hundred......:ugh:.......so we aren't making them anymore as they are available from the MFG.

It's a shame they didn't use grease gun mags, not that they are super cheap...

Ah but we do......LOL....the DI upper is 100% compatible with the CNC AR45 Grease Gun Lower made by Justin at CNC Guns....it is what we originally designed the DI upper to run on.....It will also run with the Bazooka Brothers lower......GWACS Cav Arms MKII with a Hahn adapter, and a new Glock large frame lower that I designed, about to be introduced by the Guys at Green Swamp Tactical In Deland Florida, started by some guys that were founders of Tactical Machining.

10 & 20rnd mags only? That kinda sucks.
    Still cool though.

The reason we are going with 20 round mags is as they are specifically for the standard AR Lower.....we are limited on width...and thus the 20 round mag is within .250 inches of the length of an M3 Grease gun magazine. The 10's were done for those behind the lines in Ban states.....eventually we hope to have a 15 round for shooters in Colorado and New Jersey.
    Allen...hope you don't mind me poking into your thread......just wanted to give y'all straight answers on the questions above.

Last edited:

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    looks awesome Allen. Really enjoyed working with Rudy on my .40 version. Got my barrel, bolt and buffer through him. And apparently he is an INGO member now so welcome Rudy.

Top Bottom