• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Absolutely! When I make up my mind it will be Vortex and it will be from A&A Optics. Love vortex and love dealing with A&A

I debated for quite a while myself, at first I was planning on the Vortex Viper 1-4x24, Vortex Optics - Viper PST 1-4x24 TMCQ (MOA)<br />Capped, but ended up with the Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32 FFP/MOA, Vortex Optics - Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP EBR-1<br />(MOA).

My 458 is as much a range toy as a hunting rifle, so being able to dial for long distances, and return to zero with a zero stop, was a big plus for me.

42769vette was a huge help with getting me what I wanted, I can't recommend him enough! A&A Optics

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll tell this story again because it's worth repeating. Last month, I decided to get a new scope for my 10/22. I called Alan and told him what I was looking for. He asked a few questions and recommended a scope. Here's the thing that impressed me, he flat out told me that the next scope up was not worth the $60 increase in cost. Anyone who is willing to be honest to the point of not making more money earns a customer for life.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    It's about the same as some 12G sabot rounds! Plus it doesn't have near the kick! I also like the AR aspect of it. I'm very familiar with that weapon style!

Completely agree. In addition to the power the main selling point for me was the familiarity I already had with the AR weapon system and I didn't have to buy new mags because they will work in any standard AR mag and the fact I didn't even have to buy a lower with it. Although I built one, I like the idea of just swapping out a 223 upper for the socom when you need it or want it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    That's the beauty of it. All you need is an upper and you can put it to use. Although the RRA's upper is a bit pricey and if you're talking WC, forget about it. I saw a WC fully custom billet upper and fell in love, that is till I heard the sticker, $2395!!! It was sweet though. I'm really more interested in making Bambi dinner with an easier way to get it done. On the plus side, I hear that the Socom is awesome on hogs! I may want to try that one day, who knows?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    "familiarity"........a fancy word for "boring".

Buying it because you want or like it, is cool. I'm not getting the routine/comfort factor though.

It's not hard to learn and be good with various systems.

And if it is.....................then that person proly needs to stay out of the sticks.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    "familiarity"........a fancy word for "boring".

Buying it because you want or like it, is cool. I'm not getting the routine/comfort factor though.

Hey, If you find something you like, no reason not to stick with it. After carrying an AR type rifle for 30+ years, I really enjoy what to me is a VERY well thought out design. ...or should I sell my 1911 too, just because there are other handguns out there?

"Boring" is NOT a good word for sticking with something you like. Ever been married?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Lots of people are married, to the same person, and have been for years.
    Doesn't mean they are smart or happy.

Again, I think too many are fanboys (of anything) because they are simpletons.

Top Bottom