• ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    ghuns said:
    What is the appeal of inhaling the chemical compounds contained in marijuana?:dunno:

What is the appeal of injecting the chemical compounds contained in heroin?:dunno:

From a recent thread:
    rambone said:
    I don't smoke anything, I don't take pills, I eat very strictly. I could go on for quite a while about what I think is "bad" for people to put in their bodies, but you guys would get bored.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Dr Pepper and I have had a pure and loving relationship from the start. From going on cross-country road trips to snuggling up together next to a campfire on a cool night, I've loved every minute of it :D

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry 'healthnuts', but there is simply NO evidence, whatsoever, that YOU are going to live one minute longer by eating leaves and twigs and drinking only bottled water.

Oh sure, the health-nut crazies will cite 'the average' this or 'average that' or some other 'study' (dubious or otherwise) that 'confirms'... something. But it doesn't mean YOU are extending your life by one minute.

No one gets 'two parallel lives' so they can 'compare'. So ALL such evidence is, at best, spuriously anecdotal.

Perhaps the worse thing someone can do is take their last breath thinking, "I lived to a ripe, old age doing nothing, enjoying nothing."

YMMV.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I didnt drink any pop for about 4 months and kept my regular diet which was not bad to begin with and I didnt lose any weight. Maybe Im the exception to everyone saying if you stop drinking pop you will lose weight.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

hehe.. I didn't think I could do it either, but I did. I replaced coffee with water.

I didnt drink any pop for about 4 months and kept my regular diet which was not bad to begin with and I didnt lose any weight. Maybe Im the exception to everyone saying if you stop drinking pop you will lose weight.

What did you drink instead of soda? and no... no-soda alone will make you lose weight, if you take in more calories than you burn in a day you will still gain weight.

I did it cause I had my (old man) physical and my blood sugar was up, my blood pressure was up, and my cholesterol was up. My Doc put me on high blood pressure pills and gave me 6 months to get my sugar & cholesterol down. After 6 months I lost 20 lbs, my blood pressure was too low so the Doc took me off my BP pills, my blood sugar was down, but my cholesterol did not change, so now I'm on cholesterol pills.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    While I still drink an occasional soda, I don't agree with this at all.

A healthy lifestyle doesn't just bring you additional years laying in a bed dying. It can also give you many more years of an active lifestyle, doing the things that you love.

If I am blessed enough to have grandchildren someday, I don't want to be fat, sick, sluggish and diabetic. I want to be able to play with them, run with them, ride bikes, take them to the range. Teach them how to wrench, tackle, wrestle, camp.

Shoot, some people are too fat and sick to do this with their children, let alone their grandchildren.

There are always exceptions... I may live as healthy as I can and still die young. But that is my goal and I am going to keep at it.

For a second there thought it said teach em how to wench.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sorry 'healthnuts', but there is simply NO evidence, whatsoever, that YOU are going to live one minute longer by eating leaves and twigs and drinking only bottled water.

Oh sure, the health-nut crazies will cite 'the average' this or 'average that' or some other 'study' (dubious or otherwise) that 'confirms'... something. But it doesn't mean YOU are extending your life by one minute.

No one gets 'two parallel lives' so they can 'compare'. So ALL such evidence is, at best, spuriously anecdotal.

Perhaps the worse thing someone can do is take their last breath thinking, "I lived to a ripe, old age doing nothing, enjoying nothing."

YMMV.

That's the spirit.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Zounds, my Blenheim ginger ale has arrived already :rockwoot:Go look at the ingredients; it's not a bottle full of chemicals, though it does have a little sodium benzoate. That gonna kill me?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Update...
    Been over 100 days without a soda. I have managed to secure 2 cases of Surge soda (one is a christmas gift) the other is for me but I haven't opened it and have had it for about a week now.

If I have lost any weight it has only been a pound or so, sleeping is still super easy, and not ordering a soda has become easy/not tempting.

:)

Top Bottom