• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry 'healthnuts', but there is simply NO evidence, whatsoever, that YOU are going to live one minute longer by eating leaves and twigs and drinking only bottled water.

Oh sure, the health-nut crazies will cite 'the average' this or 'average that' or some other 'study' (dubious or otherwise) that 'confirms'... something. But it doesn't mean YOU are extending your life by one minute.

No one gets 'two parallel lives' so they can 'compare'. So ALL such evidence is, at best, spuriously anecdotal.

Perhaps the worse thing someone can do is take their last breath thinking, "I lived to a ripe, old age doing nothing, enjoying nothing."

YMMV.
    Bumper sticker truths! "Eat right, excercise,...DIE ANYWAY!"

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Bumper sticker truths! "Eat right, excercise,...DIE ANYWAY!"

Quality of life matters.

Once upon a time I was a 260lb smoker. I kicked years ago and also quit soda and processed snacks. Now I run ~30mi/week and am healthy and happy as heck. I can't recommend living right highly enough. There's even a place for bacon and whiskey, but only in moderation.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My soda intake was terrible. I always has at least a 12 pack in he fridge. Most days I'd drink 2-3 cans at home and a soda with every meal from a restaurant. Often it would be 2-3 refills. So I'm guessing an average day was easily 8-10 sodas a day...

2 month ago I quit buying it, so my soda intake at home is zero. I order water MOST of the time at restaurants. I'm easily down to 1-2 sodas a week and that still more of a habit versus a craving. Like last night at the movies, popcorn and a coke, just rolled off my tongue before I coukd think about it.

as far as weight goes, no change - if anything I've gained weight. I do think I sleep better though.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Close enough for a 9 month update.
    Closest thing to soda I have had is lemonade out of a fountain or fruit punch.
    I have gained a few pounds, no issues falling asleep anywhere/time. I feel better except knowing I gained a few pounds (7).

Top Bottom