• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I saw on the Citizens app that police responded to a burglary alarm at 500 Guns this morning around 4:40a.m. They arrived to find a broken window and several rifles stolen. There has not been any follow up on the app since then, and I cannot find it on the local news yet. I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere, as I could not find that either.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I saw on the Citizens app that police responded to a burglary alarm at 500 Guns this morning around 4:40a.m. They arrived to find a broken window and several rifles stolen. There has not been any follow up on the app since then, and I cannot find it on the local news yet. I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere, as I could not find that either.
    That's scary. The rifles are probably on their way to Chicago or will be soon. I'm assuming they will be AR's that were stolen.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I think we have enough gang activity here in good old Indy that they might just stay local.

I am a bit shocked though that they were able to get in a window. Doesn't that place have metal bars in front of the building? I suppose there could be a side or back window. If so, those should be cemented/blocked in. Or install mini guillotines in them. :cool:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I talked to them a bit ago. Mostly ARs stolen. They have a lot of stuff at the show and the remaining handguns are in safes.
    The only windows are in the front and they are all covered by steel bars. All the other windows have been blocked in. You have to wait to be buzzed in the door when you go to shop. There are concrete post and bollards all around the building to prevent thugs from crashing into it.
    Not sure how they got in this time because they were still talking to the local and federal law enforcement.
    I remember the days of sitting in there with the doors wide open and enjoying the fresh air. Times sure have changed.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I talked to them a bit ago. Mostly ARs stolen. They have a lot of stuff at the show and the remaining handguns are in safes.
    The only windows are in the front and they are all covered by steel bars. All the other windows have been blocked in. You have to wait to be buzzed in the door when you go to shop. There are concrete post and bollards all around the building to prevent thugs from crashing into it.
    Not sure how they got in this time because they were still talking to the local and federal law enforcement.
    I remember the days of sitting in there with the doors wide open and enjoying the fresh air. Times sure have changed.
    Maybe its just time to move?

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    A few well placed 'traps' ala Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom would most likely go a long way towards thwarting this ****, but it probably wouldn't be legal
    Of course it wouldn't be legal. Criminal have all the rights in a CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. I say it's high time for a VICTIMS' JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    A few well placed 'traps' ala Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom would most likely go a long way towards thwarting this ****, but it probably wouldn't be legal
    Don’t believe it is. Something about premeditation. A fellow did this a few decades ago outside of Crawfordsville, rigged his front door with a shotgun. He ended up in jail after the crook was shot while he was gone from home.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Don’t believe it is. Something about premeditation. A fellow did this a few decades ago outside of Crawfordsville, rigged his front door with a shotgun. He ended up in jail after the crook was shot while he was gone from home.
    Sorry! Forgot to use the grape colored crayon again

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sorry! Forgot to use the grape colored crayon again
    That’s OK, been there myself. It’s amazing what one remembers and why. But it came to me, the guy was Radcliffe or Ratcliff something like that, in the town of Darlington. I think I remember it because we were down there rebuilding some schools, Northmont, Southmont. I can’t remember what I had for dinner last night but somehow I remember that.

Top Bottom