• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am willing to act as a sponsor if the NRA requires it as well. When I got my membership, I was offered to invite someone for $500.

I check my PM's frequently, so feel free to reach out if I can help...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am willing to act as a sponsor if the NRA requires it as well. When I got my membership, I was offered to invite someone for $500.

I check my PM's frequently, so feel free to reach out if I can help...

"You must spread some rep around before giving it to Shoots4fun again"

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    More exposure bump
    Can any life member sponsor someone for a life member now? If so, when does it expire. I have always felt getting someone else a life membership was more valuable to our RKBA fight than upgrading to a higher level myself. I use to go to a large gun show that charged much less to get in if you joined the NRA, so I would call up my pro RKBA family members who were not members, and offer to buy them a membership. They always took the free one, and I figured it might get them motivated to continue being members. When bills are passed, or people are elected, the 'Big Gun Lobby" the liberals refer to is the NRA. They need to be afraid to pass bad anti gun legislation, and the more NRA members the more they will reconsider voting for taking our rights. Some here might consider buying a life membership for a loved one as a gift, or offering to sponsor them and pay half. I am pleased to say 2 more family members joined for life last year, although my step mother who was a Life Member and very pro 2nd passed away a couple years ago.

How long is this deal going on? I may offer it to a few others I know and get more life members in the fold. It gives them pride in their RKBA, keeps them informed on voting legislation that comes along, and gives the anti RKBA legislators more to consider when a vote to restrict our constitutional right comes up. Something others may consider as well, if you want to join a gun club, may REQUIRE an NRA membership, simply because the NRA is the only one that will offer insurance to the club at a reasonable price and the NRA requires the membership be NRA members to offer this low price. Decades ago I belonged to a couple that charged about $30 per year, and if we didn't have the NRA insurance it would have cost us well over $100 per year so the $25 per year membership still gave us a club membership at half what it would have cost otherwise. They may not be perfect, but they are the only pro gun organization the elected officials fear, and that is reason enough to become a member. I am also a life member of Gun Owners of America and like them a bit better, but they have nowhere near the size and strength the NRA has and without the NRA, we would have likely lost our RKBA long ago.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can any life member sponsor someone for a life member now? If so, when does it expire. I have always felt getting someone else a life membership was more valuable to our RKBA fight than upgrading to a higher level myself. I use to go to a large gun show that charged much less to get in if you joined the NRA, so I would call up my pro RKBA family members who were not members, and offer to buy them a membership. They always took the free one, and I figured it might get them motivated to continue being members. When bills are passed, or people are elected, the 'Big Gun Lobby" the liberals refer to is the NRA. They need to be afraid to pass bad anti gun legislation, and the more NRA members the more they will reconsider voting for taking our rights. Some here might consider buying a life membership for a loved one as a gift, or offering to sponsor them and pay half. I am pleased to say 2 more family members joined for life last year, although my step mother who was a Life Member and very pro 2nd passed away a couple years ago.

How long is this deal going on? I may offer it to a few others I know and get more life members in the fold. It gives them pride in their RKBA, keeps them informed on voting legislation that comes along, and gives the anti RKBA legislators more to consider when a vote to restrict our constitutional right comes up. Something others may consider as well, if you want to join a gun club, may REQUIRE an NRA membership, simply because the NRA is the only one that will offer insurance to the club at a reasonable price and the NRA requires the membership be NRA members to offer this low price. Decades ago I belonged to a couple that charged about $30 per year, and if we didn't have the NRA insurance it would have cost us well over $100 per year so the $25 per year membership still gave us a club membership at half what it would have cost otherwise. They may not be perfect, but they are the only pro gun organization the elected officials fear, and that is reason enough to become a member. I am also a life member of Gun Owners of America and like them a bit better, but they have nowhere near the size and strength the NRA has and without the NRA, we would have likely lost our RKBA long ago.

As far as I know, a sponsor is not needed, but can be used.
    I've seen a few people not using a sponsor who simply called the member services number (800-672-3888) and requested the $500 Life membership offer.
    They were given the deal, sans a sponsor.

I was mailed a form to sign up up to 6 people for $500 Life, or discounted annual memberships.
    "Sponsor" was actually my term.

It is my understanding that this deal is valid through the end of this year, but I won't be held to that information.
    My advice to anyone interested would be to call member services at their earliest convenience and ask all the pertinent questions you can think of before ordering.

This post does remind me though, today is "Giving Tuesday". I'd not heard of this before, and it evidently is intended to encourage donations to "charities".
    Nothing says a friend or family member can't be your favorite "charity".

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah, I heard NRA donations are down... I think I might have to become a patron member now.

I became a Benefactor member a few years ago.
    I still send in donations when I can.

Life member discounts are still available, but so are discounted annual memberships.
    A one or two year membership would be a nice Christmas gift.

Top Bottom